Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i amd building a ls vtec i have a b16 head and a 97 ls block i also got alot of up grades for this motor i have all aem feul system and also skunk 2 pro series manifold and throttle body along with p30 pistons and 310cc injectors now i am goin to get the motor back to gethere fro hardware i went with arp stud kit i am going to replace the timing belt and water pump should i go with a type r water pump or will it not fit and will there not be a dif. and also what timing belt should i u from greddy a b18 or b16 one??

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
The timing belts should be the same...With the manifold upgrade and the bigger TB I would really look into some cams! Other wise that stuff is really kind of pointless.

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
ALL C5 said:
The timing belts should be the same...With the manifold upgrade and the bigger TB I would really look into some cams! Other wise that stuff is really kind of pointless.
Nope. I hope I caught this thread in time. You need a B18C timing belt. A B16 WILL NOT fit. Its too short.

But I agree with the notion about the cams. Youve got the whole motor apart... you might as well. At the very least, throw in some ITR cams and ITR springs. For about $500 if you search around, you could get some big cams, springs, and retainers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.