Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently bought a JL W6v2, and a Rockford Fosgate p6002. i thought that this sub would be a lot louder than it is and it doesnt seem to bump as much as i wanted it too. i have a honda accord and the sub is in a sealed custom made box in the trunk. does the size of the trunk make it not as loud? or is the amp not right?

·
Registered
413 Posts
tytyguy said:
i recently bought a JL W6v2, and a Rockford Fosgate p6002. i thought that this sub would be a lot louder than it is and it doesnt seem to bump as much as i wanted it too. i have a honda accord and the sub is in a sealed custom made box in the trunk. does the size of the trunk make it not as loud? or is the amp not right?
Would you ever try porting it? Most of the time 1 sub in a sealed enclosure will not be able to satisfy most people with the exception of the subs that can handle over 1000 watts such as the w7's,XXX, DD......Your best bet is to try it in a ported box or upgrade to another sub such as the w7 in a ported or XXX....thats if you want to stay with a single sub setup.....I hear that the w6v2's sounds wonderful but isnt really loud enough...nless you get 2 of them...goodluck...

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
the W6V2's are dual 4ohm subs,and if the amp you have is the one I'm thinking of it's a 2 channel amp right?

your sub is probly wired to a 8ohm load so it is only getting roughly 300rms,the W6V2's are underrated as is most JL subs and they like around 800rms or so to really hit their sweet spot,plus as said above a nice ported box will do great things for your output

·
Registered
189 Posts
ya a ported box would make worlds of difference only if its built right. just ask 98civic4door about his 1st ported w7 box compaired to the next 1. plus the ported box will be more effecient than the sealed box.

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
^ :nod

I first had my W7 in a ported box tuned way to high and it got ok loud but the sq sucked,csu built me a box and it was a world of difference.My roof would flex violently on low freq. sweeps and it made it really hard to sit in the car with the volume up to high.The sq difference was crazy also,this guy can hook you up with a killer box and is great to deal with :tu :tu

1 - 5 of 5 Posts