Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This afternoon I got hit for 2 different races. Had a vw golf rev at me an tryed to get a rise out of me But i had to stop and think about the people that where in my car. This included my 11 year old brother and my step dad. With this I deciede that street racing is ignorant. After a few miles I had a rice out accord get on my ass and tailed me for about a mile trying to get a rise out of me . Four people where in that car and most looked real young. I have come to a conclusion that I will try my hardest not to be so ignorant and street race anyone. No matter if i have a fast car or not. I guess am maturing now. It took well over 2 years to open my eyes. Please keep yourself save and others around you . Even if the rush of street racing is what you crave for. Its not worth it.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Not just your passenagers, but also peeps not even involved w/ the race. I've been to one race where a spectator was killed when a car went out of control, and those types of stories are very common in SoCal.

Common sense & responsibility = :tu

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
Shiba-Kun said:
Not just your passenagers, but also peeps not even involved w/ the race. I've been to one race where a spectator was killed when a car went out of control, and those types of stories are very common in SoCal.

Common sense & responsibility = :tu

Thats why you should keep racing on the track and not on the streets.

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
greddy102 said:
This afternoon I got hit for 2 different races. Had a vw golf rev at me an tryed to get a rise out of me But i had to stop and think about the people that where in my car. This included my 11 year old brother and my step dad. With this I deciede that street racing is ignorant. After a few miles I had a rice out accord get on my ass and tailed me for about a mile trying to get a rise out of me . Four people where in that car and most looked real young. I have come to a conclusion that I will try my hardest not to be so ignorant and street race anyone. No matter if i have a fast car or not. I guess am maturing now. It took well over 2 years to open my eyes. Please keep yourself save and others around you . Even if the rush of street racing is what you crave for. Its not worth it.
good call bro.....ever since my accident two years ago, i been completely against street racing.

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
ludermark said:
thats how you wrecked your old lude, I never knew that :confused
sadly :bh , couldnt make the turn cuz i was going so fast, went into on coming traffic, one step to the right and i woulda went head on with the car i hit.

now you know

·
Banned
1,513 Posts
Damn that could have been someone I know in that car you almost hit head on. You son of a bitch! :D just kidding but wow. sry bout ur old lude glad u learned your lesson. I cant talk though cuz I still havnt learned mine yet and sad to say i probably wont learn until its the hard way..

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
shaolin_style said:
Damn that could have been someone I know in that car you almost hit head on. You son of a bitch! :D just kidding but wow. sry bout ur old lude glad u learned your lesson. I cant talk though cuz I still havnt learned mine yet and sad to say i probably wont learn until its the hard way..
everyone just loves to learn it the hard way :D
just don't be to harsh :p

·
Registered
34 Posts
greddy102 said:
I guess I am maturing now. It took well over 2 years to open my eyes. Please keep yourself save and others around you . Even if the rush of street racing is what you crave for. Its not worth it.
Just wait until you have a baby. Your maturity level changes instantly(atleast mine did).

I don't pretend to be perfect, but I try my best to only play in secluded or lonely areas. I would never play around with any passengers in my car.. unless they ask for it.

Please, be safe people.

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
yeah man... i saw a nasty wreck on the baltimore beltway... two people killed...

i race all the time, i'm scheduled to take my car against several of my friends cars this summer, on back roads where if we lose control, we end up in open fields... i'm willing to take my life into my hands, but not the lives of other people...

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Extinct said:
Just wait until you have a baby. Your maturity level changes instantly(atleast mine did).

I don't pretend to be perfect, but I try my best to only play in secluded or lonely areas. I would never play around with any passengers in my car.. unless they ask for it.
well said :tu

i'm with ya on the location too... :(

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Bakushan said:
Coming from a guy who does 130-160 on a regular basis.

*sigh*

1 - 13 of 13 Posts