Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I bought a zex kit off ebay, I started installing it today with a buddy of mine. We have both had zex kits on previous cars before, so it wasn't really too much of a problem until we started getting finished and was putting the nitrous jet in the nozzle. We had already threaded the nozzle into the intake and was trying to put the jet in when we realized that the hole is too small for the jet to fit down inside. By the way this is a dry kit, anyways, it turns out we determined it wasnt the original zex nozzle, it looks new and is silver not purple like the zex nozzle. Anyways, my question is, does anyone think it would be alright to slightly bore the hole in the nozzle out so that the jet would fit down in it? My concern is that the nitrous would leak out around the jet if it wasnt just right, but we are talking about where the stem goes into the nozzle, it first has to go through the head part where it seats into the groove of the inside of the nitrous line, and it looks like it seals pretty good. So is this sounding like a bad idea, or has anyone done this, or am i just stupid....

·
Registered
54 Posts
you could try it but I would not recomend it. if you are getting nitrous leak around it then you will be spraying more than your jets are meant to do and you are not going to get enough fuel 2 nitrous mixture. which means without the fuel to burn the nitrous up BOOM!!! just buy another nozzle straight from zex.com and it only takes a couple days to get it. I wouldn't take the chance on blowing the motor but that's just me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.