Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should I keep my prelude and go along with my current plans to build it n/a, which will be full head build, build the block fully, up the compression to about 11.5:1, get a good 50-60hp from it and have a low/mid 13 second if not faster nice clean lude... or should i go along with my new idea of building a b18b i bought and drop it into a civic and take the 6-8 grand i was gonna spend on the prelude and turbo and build the b18? its either
A) Nice Prelude with very good power, 13 second car
or
B)Ratty ragged out civic/crx, but its really fast with a FI setup running somewhere in the 12's??? WHAT SHOULD I DO!!! its making me crazy. Help me lol

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Prelude... be different.

I hear too much "fffffffffaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRT *PSSSH"

I'd rather hear a beefed up H22 come screaming down the road than that...

~Peace

·
Registered
926 Posts
IHIPrelude94 said:
Prelude... be different.

I hear too much "fffffffffaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRT *PSSSH"

I'd rather hear a beefed up H22 come screaming down the road than that...

~Peace
word haha
the lude is gonna be a nicer overall car, plus there are way too many civics out there as it is :p
a fully built 13 sec lude would be a damn nice car to have :tu

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
tiller said:
word haha
the lude is gonna be a nicer overall car, plus there are way too many civics out there as it is :p
a fully built 13 sec lude would be a damn nice car to have :tu
Rep point for supporting the Prelude > Civic Movement... haha

~Peace

Reactions: preludedriver99

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
i say stick with lude over the civic, everybody does that, might be harder probably won't be as fast, but you'll diffinetly be different.... and fast enough, haha.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Lude built up = uncommon

Civic build up = common

I'd rather roll in style in a beefy lude, but that's just me.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
PreludeKing1995 said:
Should I keep my prelude and go along with my current plans to build it n/a, which will be full head build, build the block fully, up the compression to about 11.5:1, get a good 50-60hp from it and have a low/mid 13 second if not faster nice clean lude... or should i go along with my new idea of building a b18b i bought and drop it into a civic and take the 6-8 grand i was gonna spend on the prelude and turbo and build the b18? its either
A) Nice Prelude with very good power, 13 second car
or
B)Ratty ragged out civic/crx, but its really fast with a FI setup running somewhere in the 12's??? WHAT SHOULD I DO!!! its making me crazy. Help me lol
lolz...u r asking the question in a lude forum...what do you expect? :evil ... but a built lude is much nicer than a civic...and i dun see that many built NA ludes out there...be different...

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
put the money in a roth IRA.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol damn overwealming votes towards the lude lol, never woulda thought... it was just an idea i was toying with, but yea, i couldnt sell my lude, and yes, you rarely see a nice tuned prelude as much as you see hundreds of riced out civics a day... so yea, ill stick with my roots lol :w00t well anyway... anybody wanna buy a b18b swap from me lol 500 bucks plus you pay shipping

·
On Blakes Nuts
5,057 Posts
So basically you want my build haha! Dude build the lude! How many fully built h22's or even type sh's you see rollin, not many! My wife rode in the lude for the first time since I built the motor and not even through two gears she was geekin! You want to talk about your plans feel free to shoot me a message or two!

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
preludedriver99 said:
So basically you want my build haha! Dude build the lude! How many fully built h22's or even type sh's you see rollin, not many! My wife rode in the lude for the first time since I built the motor and not even through two gears she was geekin! You want to talk about your plans feel free to shoot me a message or two!
i'll have your build one of these years :rolleyes :ninja

·
Registered
671 Posts
go to the civic forum and ask the same question and see what you get...

·
Registered
605 Posts
rev 2 10k said:
go to the civic forum and ask the same question and see what you get...
yah.. that would be intresting to hear there response..

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
We'd have to go sit there and watch... haha

"Civics Roxor!" :blahblah
"Ludes are the fat ugly sister in the Honda family" :blahblah
"Preludes are slow as shit" :blahblah
"You'll never be fast with a Prelude" :blahblah

Kids... :hehe

~Peace

·
Registered
605 Posts
hahaha... nicely said :clap

·
On Blakes Nuts
5,057 Posts
I've got a thread about my whole build here in the lude forum. All motor lude started for first time is the title. Quick setup, Golden Eagle ductile sleeved block. JE forged 11.5 to 1 compression pistons. Forged eagle rods. Micropolished crank, decked, all new everything the block is bullet proof. As far as the head, Crower stainless steel valves, crower stage 2 cams (should've went stage 3), crower titanium retainers, and crower dual valvesprings. I had ferrea bronze valve guides put in, with a stage 2 port and polish and excessive bowl work. I replaced every gasket, water pump, all belts including timing belt. Converted to h23 manual tensioner. Bought a brand new oil pump. STR Pro 570 cam gears and so forth. I've got lots more mods than that with my shitty ass DC header that's gonna get delt with soon. VAFC, full stainless steel exhaust and stainless straight thru pipe.

The total exceeded what I wanted and totalled in around 7 thousand dollars. You ask what does the butt dyno say. It says holy fuckin shit, I mean with a cheap ass header and stock throttle body and intake manifold I can't believe how this bitch screams. You definitely don't want to ruin your car with boost. I've still got 2 cels to take care of on my build map which I believe is an open in the wire. Also a fuel cel which I believe is my degraded O2 or because I don't have an adjustable regulator on it yet. Basically out of money until I can catch the bills up. Things are looking good. I'm going to purchase the plx m-500 datalogging wideband and fpr soon. Just off compression and cams I'm screamin 40 hp untuned. Once the fuel and cams are at optimal settings I'd say probably at least another 20 hp. I'm going to go standalone but probably not for another 6 months. I'm sittin on yellow adjustable konis and neuspeed springs. I haven't got to drive the car with the atts on yet but the cels will get delt with too. It should be an unbelivable machine. I put down roughly 175 before the build. I think I could hit 240 to the wheels with ems, a kteller header, bigger throttlebody and a stock ported intake mani!

Keep in touch! Edit ****** sorry about the long post, originally meant as a private reply. Typed the whole thing out and it contained to many characters so it got copied and pasted!!!!!!

·
On Blakes Nuts
5,057 Posts
IHIPrelude94 said:
We'd have to go sit there and watch... haha

"Civics Roxor!" :blahblah
"Ludes are the fat ugly sister in the Honda family" :blahblah
"Preludes are slow as shit" :blahblah
"You'll never be fast with a Prelude" :blahblah

Kids... :hehe

~Peace
The lude the ugly sister, hardly maybe stock behind the S2000 but last time I checked the civic si had 160 torqueless hp. I test drove a 99 blue si and laughed. Was totally not impressed. We need to think of a way to send ecu viruses so we don't see as many driving around. I don't even pay them any attention unless they're show quality and you know those kind as soon as you see them. So many ricers in my town driving civics and boosted accords. The lude to 140 mph against a boosted 4 cylinder accord an a boosted civic ex and they both got their asses handed to them and that was the pre build era! Just some of my opinions, no one has to agree but I'm sure some of you do deep down in your hearts! :clap :rolleyes

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
They're fun though...

I love when they rev at you at the light... you take off in first gear at 1/2 throttle until you hit 5000 rpm... they think they have a chance because it's even... then you mash the pedal and they hear that throaty H22 VTEC goodness as you put about 4 car lengths on them... haha

If the Prelude is the fat ugly sister, then the Civic is the slow easy sister...

~Peace

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
IHIPrelude94 said:
They're fun though...

I love when they rev at you at the light... you take off in first gear at 1/2 throttle until you hit 5000 rpm... they think they have a chance because it's even... then you mash the pedal and they hear that throaty H22 VTEC goodness as you put about 4 car lengths on them... haha

If the Prelude is the fat ugly sister, then the Civic is the slow easy sister...

~Peace
they would be like :wow :wow :noo :noo :bh :bh

1 - 20 of 29 Posts