Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm on my way home from work coming up to an intersection and I decide to turn left and head down the back roads for some midnight fun, right as I go into the left-turn lane I hear and feel this really loud snapping sound and I see something rolling away from my car in my mirror...

Car feels fine when I come to a stop at the lights and I thought maybe I just ran over something but I didn't see anything in front of me initially. I pull into a parking lot where one of those rent a cops was chilling and ask her if she saw anything (says she though I threw a beer bottle out of my car :bash but points it out on the side of the road with her little spotlight thingy).

Driving the car home felt fine, I did the speed limit or slower (passed 2 cops pulling a van over lol) and now I have this thing sitting on my desk. Anybody recognize it? (I do have skunk2 lowering springs on my car so that's what I thought it'd be from but it's 12 at night and I wanna go to bed so screw working on the car till tomorrow).

And that's my story... (also I never installed the springs on my car so I have no idea if that's what it's from and on the "outside" of this disc thing it says 4" which leads me to believe it's from my suspension).

· Registered
17 Posts
Wait now that i think of it and reading it a couple of times that might not be off your car...you said it fell out of your springs or in that general area...well that is a 114 mm part and thoes are the messerments for a lug pattern on a accord or a prelude witch is 4 x 114 and we are 4 x 100 so thats the only thing i can think of.

· Registered
2,231 Posts
Looks like the bottom blew off an old oxygen/acetylene tank. One side looks like where the bottom side of a tank (nos bottle style) was set down and dragged around a bit, the other side ring looks like it was broken off the rest of a tank.

· Registered
478 Posts
I'm betting it wasn't part of your car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.