Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I have lowered my car 40mil, got 17 inch wheels. When i took my wheels off i noticed that on the inside of the tyres, about half an inch in and half and inch deep there is a big gouge (like a square chunk taken out of the tyre right the way around) and it is like this on both the passenger side and drivers side of the car. I havent explained it very well. It is not like the tracking is out, there is a major chunk taken out all the way around.

Have any of you had this problem or have any suggestions.

cheers
Guys

· Registered
370 Posts
steve1178 said:
Hi guys,

I have lowered my car 40mil, got 17 inch wheels. When i took my wheels off i noticed that on the inside of the tyres, about half an inch in and half and inch deep there is a big gouge (like a square chunk taken out of the tyre right the way around) and it is like this on both the passenger side and drivers side of the car. I havent explained it very well. It is not like the tracking is out, there is a major chunk taken out all the way around.

Have any of you had this problem or have any suggestions.

cheers
Guys
40 mm = 1.57 in. drop.

it may be excessive negative camber. it doesn't take much on 17" wheels with low profile to wear out the inner part of the tire prematurely.

when is the last time you rotated your tires?

· Registered
1,226 Posts
this happened with my friends car as well- in his situation, the car was too low and the occational potholes he hit (which smacked the tire up into the fenderwell, causing it to scrape against the metal on the inner fender) were enough to take a chunk out of the tires.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.