Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
i have the CDX-M8805 i believe, which is the blue colored version. personally, i think it's a very good head unit, although you should be careful when you have friends in the car because they tend to play around with the panel a lot. one of my friends pushed a little too hard and almost broke it. but if you're careful, it's an awesome headunit.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I like that headunit alot. I bought one for my father's car. I personally have the m800. The 8800 has a clear screen and nice colors open and closed. The only thing I didn't like about it was the fact that when it's open it doesn't show the time but Honda's have the time on the dash so it should be that big of a deal.

I don't know what it is, but when people see the radio flip down it makes them want to play with it. I also have a sony amp and subs hooked up to my 800 and it knocks like when you blow your struts.

Some people just don't like sony so your gonna have some negative feed back on this topic. I have had my sony headunit since I had the car and no problems. Remember you have to get what you like at the same time make sure it's not junk. I don't think that radio is junk. :w00t :number1

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sony M8800

Hey, can any of you help me out? I bought a Sony M8800 off of ebay and it didn't come with the harness. I already have a sony cdx 500 series player and tried to use that harness. It's a 16-pin harness, I have tried it already and all I get is the display lights up and does the demo mode ....I get no audio or any servo movement at all. Display doesn't go up or down and cd does not eject. I have tried to purchase another harness from CircuitCity and the only difference between that one and my other one is one wire, the aux. pwr cable (I believe) is moved over to another spot on the connector (the next spot over). So I tried it and still get nothing ...displays reads the same and I get no servo movement again. After trying that I figured maybe this deck required an add'l power input, soo I jumpered the main power to the remaining empty spots, that didn't work - then I tried jumpering the aux pwr input and that didn't work either. I swapped the aux power input around to the other empty spots (only 3 of them) and nothing. Tried without the aux. pwr input and get the same display and no servo movements. The only time I would get a different result is if I had the aux. pwr jumpered and the main pwr jumpered ...so there wasn't any more empty spots ...this would just freeze the display and it would have the whole display lit but it would not change ...and there's still no servo movements ....I also forgot to mention that I never been able to get my buttons to do anything ...neither on the display or the main control buttons ....If I can get a photo of one of the harnesses that are in use for one of your M8800s or get the wire color and pin position from one of your harnesses it would be much easier to diagnose ....I really don't feel it's my ribbon cable because it's not torn and the display lights. Please reply if any of you have any input.

:confused

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.