1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good news is good news, I guess. :p

Sony Surprise: PS3 to Use Advanced HDMI 1.3 Video

27/06/2006 10:31:45

Sony fans just got a nice surprise - the PlayStation 3 will fully support the newly announced HDMI version 1.3 upgrade, which boasts new enhancements that will allow for better picture quality, audio fidelity, and other advanced features.

The new refresh of the High-Definition Multimedia Interface, or HDMI, adds a host of high-tech new features for videophiles and audiophiles, including:

Bandwidth boost from 165 MHz to 225 MHz

"Deep Colour" technology, including 30, 36, and 46-bit color support

New lossless digital audio formats (Dolby HD and DTS-HD)

Automatic audio/video synching capability ("lip sync")

Optional smaller connector for use with personal photo and video devices
The increased colour range is said to boost the range of displayed colours beyond that which the eye can perceive, giving HDMI 1.3 the crown for video quality... at least, in theory.

"By introducing the next-generation HDMI 1.3 technology, with its high speed and deep colour capabilities," PS3 president Ken Kutaragi said in a press release. "PS3 will push the boundaries of audiovisual quality to the next level of more natural and smoother expression on the latest large flat panel displays."

·
Premium Member
13,998 Posts
I was just thinking how HD isnt really that big of a deal anymore. Im pretty sure we could definently do another jump. A lot of it seems to just be the video quality causing the delay in quality. But its cool , bring it on. I heard they are already working on smellavision in japan. Hhaha thatll be too fun.

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
I really don't know why so many companies are reporting this AGAIN.

This was known way back around CES of 2006. (like 6 months ago). The media can be so stupid sometimes.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
smellovision....pr0n....yikes....

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
mike_sho said:
I was just thinking how HD isnt really that big of a deal anymore. Im pretty sure we could definently do another jump. A lot of it seems to just be the video quality causing the delay in quality. But its cool , bring it on. I heard they are already working on smellavision in japan. Hhaha thatll be too fun.

are u saying that we will smell whiel watching tv...i dont even want to imagine resident evil or a game liek that wwhiel ur walkign down a road and smellign teh dead corpses...i woudl definitly throw up

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.