Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought GTA San Andreas back in the beginning of January. For sum un-godly reason, it didnt work in my PS2, but it worked in 2 of my friend's. So i shipped the ps2 back to sony and they sent it back in about a week and a half...and the same damn thing happens. It wont get past the loading screen with the big pic of the San Andreas collage. This sending the ps2 back to Sony happens 3 f-ing more times and the same shit happens. All they tell me is that, "We have to options, you can send it for repair or have it exchanged for a refurbished model." I've done each of those things and the job is not getting done. I'm not gonna buy a new PS2 over one game. Wtf should I do?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sony is a multimillion...if not billion dollar company. How come they just cannot send me a new damn system. I've spent so much money sending my PS2 to them. 4 times total. I dont see what is so difficult in them sending me a new playstation....I damn near blew up on the poor tech lady cuz obviously sumthing's not working if this game works on other PS2's but not this refurbished shit they give me

·
MSP
6,618 Posts
send them a complaint, and state everything u jus mentioned on your post...make it professional and make sure you put every little thing you've done to make sony succeed...they'll rethink about it, and hopefully send you a new ps2...

DON'T FORGET TO BE NICE, DON'T LIKE...I WANT A FUCKIN NEW PS2 BISHES, I'VE SPENT SOO MUCH MONEY AND YOUR BULLSHITTY GAMES AND SENDING YOU MA DAMN PS2 TO YOU BACK AND FORTH...BLAH BLAH...

you feel me...

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
4_door-Johny said:
i have bot really mine has allready broke and i never use the xbox I only use it to watch dvds I dont play to much now that i am in college
damn where do you go to college. xbox and halo are a few of the reasons i didnt do to well :ninja

no not really, i guess you could say it was lack of motivation. but even now with working full time, and art school with the shit load of homework, i still try and make time for a little mercenaries. almost to the ace of hearts contract :ninja

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is there anyone else who had the same problem as i had? Also, my ESPN 2k5 worked on my friend's PS2's and not these refurbished pos's. And i dont think my games are selective to which consoles they want to play in. I sent Sony my complaint letter and hopefully they'll acknowledge me.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
GTA:SA Loading Prob

I see that people are having problems with 'disc error's. ( http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=153520&st=20 ) and ( http://www.techsupportforum.com/showthread.php?t=27462 ). But i'm not getting that problem....yet. I cant even get to play the game. I put the disc in, it boots up and what not, and the rockstar symbols comes up and it plays the lil mini video. After that, the screen with the GTA:SA collage thingie comes up with the little copyright writing down at the bottom. Then, after that 'loads', the screen goes black......and that's it. I've sent my ps2 back 3 times because of that same thing happening. Is it the disc or the ps2, because the game works fine in 2 other ps2's i've tried. Any solutions?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
13,998 Posts
Call in get ahold of a manager and tell them you want a new one after all this trouble they have put you through. Say im trying to use your system and play your games and I cant even do that and have been paying for shipping back and forth.

Tell them you want a new system for all the wasted time , effort and money they have caused you due to their inadequate and misleading repair service. In which 4 times you were told they would fix it and now are offering you such and such after the above.

Hell sounds like to me you should be getting 2 new sonys with all this bullshit.

If the manager doesnt sound into it, stop conversation and request someone higher then them.

Be sure then to also ask their name at that point , proceed to write it down and ask them to spell it out. :) This will get the point across.

Then proceed to do the same to the next higher up employee. Also if they give you shit about someone not being higher. Say the simple line. Well who hired you.....that normally always gets you another name.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I called them back 2nite, and this time the lady on the phone said that they never exchanged the console out like they said they had done. I've had the same model number since the beginning. Previously, they told me that they were gonna exchange it for another console, but obviously that wasnt done; they just "fixed" it....which didnt work either. So she did the usual and gave me the info on where to send it in and what not. Still debating on whether to send it in. The only reason why i didnt ask for the manager and what not was because she said they didnt do what they were supposed to do before and that she said she was making sure they switched it out....plus, she sounded fine as hell :D

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
BSPFlavaz4Sho said:
Sony is a multimillion...if not billion dollar company. How come they just cannot send me a new damn system. I've spent so much money sending my PS2 to them. 4 times total. I dont see what is so difficult in them sending me a new playstation....I damn near blew up on the poor tech lady cuz obviously sumthing's not working if this game works on other PS2's but not this refurbished shit they give me

i would say they are billion, but if they send a new system out to one person, they will have to do it to many more customers. In the long run they would lose money. Losing money is bad for a company.

·
Premium Member
13,998 Posts
Hondaguy1980 said:
i would say they are billion, but if they send a new system out to one person, they will have to do it to many more customers. In the long run they would lose money. Losing money is bad for a company.
They need ps2s alive and working so they can sell the games. Also what does that have to do with this case?

We arent talking about sony giving away free consoles. We are talking about this guy getting screwed by sony repair and not getting a working console.

·
Registered
139 Posts
i sent my ps2 to sony because it wouldn't let me connect on line. i'm getting another 1 this monday same model # as the 1 i sent in so hopefully it better work. and they better have given me another 1 and not "fix it" like what's happening with u. i'll let u guys know on monday if i can go online or not

1 - 17 of 17 Posts