Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As of last night I am the owner of a B18B swap. Yes, I am moving out of the D-series arena to hopefully greener pastures...but don't worry I haven't lost the urge to be underdog which I developed as a D-enthusiast! I will still be going all-motor non-VTEC with my new setup, just like I had planned with the Y7.

But to all who stay true to the D-series cause (by force or by choice) keep on keepin' on! This is still my favorite forum.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I love my D, but I've been thinking about getting a 92-95 hatchback, and I'll probably drop an LS motor into it.

Again, I love my D, but I've got no hate for the B. Good luck with your setup. What car is it going in? An N/A B18B will be interesting.

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
enough with the talk already klunge! i need a tranny! :p

but for real best of luck with the new project. did you hear anything about the alternator and header?

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I might try to put some shims on this extra D-series alternator and see of it fits, I heard with some spacers between it and the bracket it could work. I do have the exhaust manifold too but missing the axles. I don't know man, whether I'll be able to get to it as soon as I had hoped...I'll try but don't want to do a crappy job...no worries, you still got dibs on the Y8 trans!!!

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
definitely dont rush it and get sloppy, as you'll have troubles later on... time isn't really too much of a factor with me, iwas j/p with ya... I had planned on swapping out trannies around memorial day, so you have about 2 months to throw a wrench into my plan :D

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK cool, it's starting to look like beginning of May is when it'll happen...only thing I may get done between now and then is finish the D-series ITB's and give them a practice run before pulling the whole D-motor, then everything gets sold! Also gotta rebuild a set of ITB's for the B-series. Made a nice deal today though, swapped a P2E ecu for a P06 OBD1 to install my Hondata in...

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
klungemonger said:
OK cool, it's starting to look like beginning of May is when it'll happen...only thing I may get done between now and then is finish the D-series ITB's and give them a practice run before pulling the whole D-motor, then everything gets sold! Also gotta rebuild a set of ITB's for the B-series. Made a nice deal today though, swapped a P2E ecu for a P06 OBD1 to install my Hondata in...
good luck, btw whats your current D setup?

·
Registered
41,903 Posts
yeah, why not swap in a B18c5?

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
lsvtec :p
more expansion that a d series
already as powerful as his current setup (if not more so..)
price was good
lsvtec :p
turbo

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
motor swap in a civic isn't all that bad, especially if you've done it before (which he has) and know what to expect, and what you'll need.

when the price is right, ya gotta act fast, or you may be kicking yourself in the a$$ later ;)

anyway klungemonger, you better not start whoring it up in the b-series forum, we still need ya here ;)

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
klungemonger said:
Yes, I am moving out of the D-series arena to hopefully greener pastures...
:eek :cry :eek :cry :eek :cry

What is this world coming to??? Haha thats ok, Im swaping to a B16 one of these days when my vehicles decide to not be broke down at the same time and cost me money.... man that will be the day :rolleyes

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Good luck with your new motor buddy :btu .

Matt

·
Registered
478 Posts
good luck man. I hope it works out for you.

Yes, I am moving out of the D-series arena
well after your disapointed youll always know where to come back right?

the road home is always the longest. =)

(the ribbing is all in good fun man)

seriously good luck to you and the weak18.

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
fsufan814 said:
good luck, btw whats your current D setup?
See the sig...

inmycivicex said:
is that motor only like 140hp. so my question is why? torque maybe?
Torque is one thing, the other is price was good, and like IIsaintII (apparently my sole supporter!) said already the options for parts is better, and also tuning versatility is a little better with dohc. Yes it's only 140hp but the Y7 is only 106hp. Basically by selling my D parts plus a bit of cash I had on hand the motor will be paid for. If a B-swap cost you almost nothing out of pocket tell me you wouldn't go for it!

xBenSETSfiRex said:
yeah, why not swap in a B18c5?
Because I don't have $4000+ to buy it, plus another couple hundred to ship it, plus the other incedentals needed for swapping that don't come with it. I only did this because it was a local seller and a good deal. I paid $1100 for everything but halfshafts, no shipping reqd. For another grand in parts I'll be laying down almost as much whp as the C5 anyhow.

Anyhow, an OBD2a B18B engine/ecu is the absolute easiest swap ever into a 96-98 hatch. Drop it in along with a 99-00 Si radiator, move 1 pin in the ecu plugs, change the IACV and CKP plugs on the harness and that's pretty much it. No VTEC wiring to hassle with, nothing crazy. I'll ultimately end up running it with a Hondata S200 in a P06. Already got that and the converter so that's set too. total gravy.

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
klungemonger said:
Because I don't have $4000+ to buy it, plus another couple hundred to ship it, plus the other incedentals needed for swapping that don't come with it. I only did this because it was a local seller and a good deal. I paid $1100 for everything but halfshafts, no shipping reqd. For another grand in parts I'll be laying down almost as much whp as the C5 anyhow.
34hp for $1100 ain't bad. nothing wrong with the b18b.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.