Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Premium Member
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, ive been in the market for a new system for awhile, and i think i may have come across a couple that i really like. Im just lookinng for opinions.

1. car audio system all cadence.
I love cadence, these are in good cond., and their not expensive at all.

2. 2- 12 inch- 1800 watts!!!!!!!!!!!! 800 rms!!! each! with box!
my buddy has a Power Acoustik 15" Mofo in his Ion, and it pounds, but thats a 15. I'm not too sure about the 12"s tho.

3. 2 12inch kicker subwoofers
Again i love Kicker, and these are reliable subs, but are they head-ache quality when their powered right?

If im gonna spend the money, i wanna get the right system. I want a lot of bass because me and my friends have dB competitions in the local Sheetz parking lot. An i wanna join this year, (with a decent system).

If i can get some feedback on what the best (loudest) system is, that would be tits.

Thanks

:clappy

· Olde School Ricer
8,762 Posts
ic, I thought head ache meant problem quality

Well, personally I would get a different car if you plan to compete in db comp. Subs in the trunk are going to sound like a vibrating poop can. Your best option might be a custom box behind your seat with a solobaric 10 or maybe even a solobaric 8

· Registered
33 Posts
sorry dude but all those subs suck balls. if your going to put system in your car do it right. save up the money do the research and buy the right stuff. buy new not used, for all ypu kno those could have been rebuilt. the kicker subs are there lowest model subs... if you just want them to be loud and not sound super clean then get kicker. if yu want the best sounding subs in town get JL. dont buy cheap shit. buy cheap buy twice.

· Registered
48 Posts
Buy a Suburban and put a couple or half a dozen Fi's in it.
Other than that ryry702 is right Don't go to cheap.
If you want loud go with a 15'' or two, if you want clean do 4 10"s But in a del sol that'salottashit!

· Premium Member
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Honestly it doesnt sound like a "poop can", lol.
I had 3 Diamond d3 10's in the trunk, but they were underpowered, and old.
It sounded like shit, but not cuz of the trunk, it was cuz of the subs.
Then i had my Diamond d1 12 in there, and it sounded great, (after my insulation, and dynamat knockoff), it just wasnt loud enough.
I think i might go with the cadences, because i went and checked them out today, and their loud as fuck.
And as for the suggestion to put the box behind the seats, there are two reasons why i wont.
I love the compartments back there, and im 6"4'. I need the leg room...lol.
And you CAN put a decent amount of shit in a Sols trunk, you just gotta take the roof rack out, and you got decent space.
My buddy had 2 15's in there, in a custom box and it was great...i just dont have that kinda money.
Thanks for the advice tho guys.

· Registered
110 Posts
yea but if u like to take the top off , and put it back on when ur on the road in the rain with 15s u just cant do that.

throw a 27inch mtx jack hammer in thare lol

but its ur car, we shouldnt judge what u wanna do

· Premium Member
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well i went with the cadences.
And needless to say...wow.
I set everything up, and i took it to my buddys shop to meter it.
came up to 146dB outside with the trunk closed
148dB with the trunk open.
127dB In the cabin
and 154.3dB on the port.
Im pretty damn happy.
Plus i only paid $230 total.

· Premium Member
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
naw, it wasnt a comp...just my buddys shop.
i was just curious what the dB was.
Now the next step is to get workin on my fiberglass box for the trunk.
But that prolly wont be for awhile.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.