Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
39,372 Posts
you will get a better response in the car audio forum.

anyways, as for factory replacement speakers, i have alpine EX3 components all around (i am very happy with them) and used to have JL Audio 12w6 on a 300watt class D 2 ohm stable amp. it pounded. the new w7 series i have heard is excellent. if you want serious quality base, you probably can get away with a single 12w7 or 13w7. make sure you use the right amp. do some homework/research before you buy anything.

· Registered
39,372 Posts
Magman said:
So go for the factory speakers? I was just thinking about buying a set from crutch field. But maybe thats good too. So alpine sounds good. I heard they were but cost some money. Im going to wait for before iget anything. and just shop around. but thanks for the tip and the help.
no prob.-when i got the alpines a few years back they were expensive (all components will be expensive) since you have a crossover and tweeter as well. they sound very crisp and clear for mids and deliver all the highs. not much base though since i sold the sub.

· Registered
39,372 Posts
Magman said:
So the more watts an amp has does it make the bass alot better sounding and have a better bump with it. Im not looking for anything thats going to be waking up the neighboor hood just something thats gonna be nice and have a little bump to it. i was thinking to go with xpold sub's and not sure about the amps. but im starting to think just go with everything alpine or something. i gotta look around and learn more about the different types. thanks for all that though. :clap :D
the most important thing is to match ohms. wattage only tells you what the max. potential of you equipement is. if you have a sub that is rated at 4 ohms and put it on a 2 ohm amp, you will not have the maximum power potential no matter how many watts the amp puts out, or that the sub is capable of.

· Registered
39,372 Posts
Magman said:
Alright,
so when im searching for amps and subs i have to match the ohms on the amp and the subwoofer or anything have the amp with more ohms. But equaling the two would be the best right? Im starting to understand a bit more. thanks. :D
lets say you find some subs that are 4 ohms. and you find an amp that has the max power output at 2 ohms mono. you can wire two 4 ohm subs in parallel so that they would be 2 ohms.

in series, two 4 ohm subs would be 8 ohms.

do some research... youll find alot of info on how to wire everything for your application.

· Registered
39,372 Posts
Magman said:
Alright. thanks. thats alot of info right there. thanks.for the help
oh-i just remmembered something else. some speakers, or subs have dual voice (dvc) coils opposed to single voice coils (svc), so depending upon how you wire the dual voice coils (parallel vs. series) that will result in different resistances for each sub. that can make a huge difference in power transfer and performance. so just keep that in mind as well. if you are going to a professional car audio store, they should know how to wire them up proporly, but just educate yourself so that you know what you are getting into.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.