Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '94 civic w/ a b18a swap i was replacing the spark plugs and on my last one the rubber end of the plug wires got stuck down in their. i have ractive triple magnetic core wires. I don't know how i should get it out. it's covering the spark plug so i cant take the plug out. So know i have 3 new plugs and one old. any ideas on how to get it out. do i have to take off the valve cover? please help. thanks.

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
you mean the rubber end of the plug wire ripped off?

In the future only go with NGK, Magnecor, Nology plug wires...

You can try to find a really long thin pair of needle nose pliers ....or stick something in there and try to pull it up....

Be creative. But taking the valvecover off won't help....the spark plug holes aren't even attached to it.

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
gurusan said:
How would taking off the valve cover help?
werd and spark plug pliers dont work for a honda anyways.

·
Registered
388 Posts
takin the valve cover off leave more space to work with and you wont have that huge cover in your way instead you will have the spark plug tubes to work with thats all it shouldnt be a problem . you should get this tool that is similar to a snake (u know for the toilets) but at the end it has like 3 0r 4 teeth and at the top its got a spring loaded button when u push it in the teeth come out and when u let go the teeth go back in , that will help

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
weewoo said:
takin the valve cover off leave more space to work with and you wont have that huge cover in your way instead you will have the spark plug tubes to work with thats all it shouldnt be a problem . you should get this tool that is similar to a snake (u know for the toilets) but at the end it has like 3 0r 4 teeth and at the top its got a spring loaded button when u push it in the teeth come out and when u let go the teeth go back in , that will help
i dont think it makes that big of a difference...but its going to be fun getting that broken piece out :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts