Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to build a new speaker box for my 01 prelude and I'm not sure how to shape it. I need something that wont make my trunk rattle so much. Got any ideas? :p

·
Registered
8,494 Posts
SPEAKER BOX!!!

THE LOVE BELOW!!!

...pink is kinda hard to read, its cute though.

how many subs is it holding? how big are they? how much space do they need? sealed or ported?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My box will be holding 2 10" Subs. I would like to have my amp mounted onto the speaker box. I'm not sure what else i want done to it, i need some advice!

·
Registered
8,494 Posts
Are you personally building it?

well before you build an enclosure you need to know the specifications of the subwoofers you are putting in it. The way subs work, they need to have the right amount of space specified for their particular needs. Depending on what music you like and how many watts your subs and amps are you can choose either a sealed enclosure which has no holes or a ported enclosure which has holes (or ports) that allow air to enter the box.

if you have a little booklet that came with the subs you can look in there and it should tell you how much space they need.

Personally I would build a sealed box that fits between the tire wells in the trunk. You can mount the amp on the back and access it by folding down the back seats.

·
Registered
605 Posts
i currently have 1 12" orion sub.. friend hooked it up, for good price.. but the box he gave me sucks.. its round n blah.. didn't come w/any "booklet", but what size box should i build for it..?

·
Registered
8,494 Posts
jokerz said:
i currently have 1 12" orion sub.. friend hooked it up, for good price.. but the box he gave me sucks.. its round n blah.. didn't come w/any "booklet", but what size box should i build for it..?

you know the power rating on it? RMS? or the series?

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Why not check out Orion's website... another option would be to call a Orion dealer in the area and ask them...

~Peace

·
Registered
8,494 Posts
IHIPrelude94 said:
Why not check out Orion's website... another option would be to call a Orion dealer in the area and ask them...

~Peace

lol ya or you can do that. prolly the best idea

·
Registered
605 Posts
h22lude said:
you know the power rating on it? RMS? or the series?
no sorri.. i'll go check when it stops raining.. i know its 450 watt sub though... iono if that helps at all :p

·
Registered
605 Posts
h22lude said:
my guess would be a 1cuft sealed enclosure, but check on that
sorry.. don't understand what 1cuft is... i know what sealed enclosure.. but yah..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts