Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I decide to put pioneer 6x9" speakers from my dads car into mine since he doesn’t even use them. So I take his off and everything is going fine until I get to mine. I get into my trunk and see that the rear speakers are very small and poorly wired. The speakers were also pioneers but they were 4" or 5" speakers. The idiot that owned the car before me was too cheap to buy 6x9s so he put 4" or 5" speakers in the rear, no wonder it sounded like shit. So I took out the plate that was holding down the small speakers and realized that the hole in the plate was too small for my 6x9. Just so you people would know what I’m talking about, here are some pics.


Old speakers compared to my 6x9s


The plate holding the old speaker down


The plate with the speaker in it so you would get the idea

My question is since this is my first time doing this, was there ever a factory plate designed to hold the 6x9s? Where can I get the plates or is it best to customize? My car is an lx 94
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,062 Posts
it is usually 6X9 at the back and there was no plate on mine, go to crutchfield.com and check their online fitment for your car
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,716 Posts
kevinthefawker said:
you would need to get the 94-95 ex rear speaker brackets
He can cut that bracket to hold the 6x9.
Its the same general shape as my 6x9 bracket but he would just need to cut and drill a bit to get it right.


Also, on LX I beleive there were 6.5 speakers all around, not 6x9 in rear................altho i could be wrong.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
772 Posts
TSM_Pikachu said:
He can cut that bracket to hold the 6x9.
Its the same general shape as my 6x9 bracket but he would just need to cut and drill a bit to get it right.


Also, on LX I beleive there were 6.5 speakers all around, not 6x9 in rear................altho i could be wrong.
yeah you are right on the 94-95 lx they were 6.5 all around but the 96-97 lx are 6x9 in the back just like the ex.
i would just go look around for the brackets at the junk yard or something for a few bucks save yourself some cutting
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
868 Posts
my ex's were 6x9, although it was listed as 6.5's, no one knows what they're doing at those big chains...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,459 Posts
just run to honda and order some 6x9 plates, theyre only like 30 bucks. Me, I just took my plates out, wedged some peices of wood in between the speaker and frame so that the speaker wont fall through. I havent had the chance to go get my speaker plates from honda because I am broke as hell right now, too much other things to worry about than my speakers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
WaLLeYeMan said:
I am broke as hell right now, too much other things to worry about than my speakers.


Trust me man, I know what you mean but since I had a pair of 6x9s, I thought I would put them to use. Tomorrow I’ll customize the 4-inch plates shown above and cut them up so my speakers could fit. I just want to do a best job possible without spending too much on it, such as a dealer ripping me off $30 for the plates.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,716 Posts
FlySly54 said:
Trust me man, I know what you mean but since I had a pair of 6x9s, I thought I would put them to use. Tomorrow I’ll customize the 4-inch plates shown above and cut them up so my speakers could fit. I just want to do a best job possible without spending too much on it, such as a dealer ripping me off $30 for the plates.
If you can wait till tomorrow I can go shoot a pic of what MY 6x9 plates look like so that you can cut a bit more effectively.
I just cant do it right now cuz its cold as my sex life outside and dark too. lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
TSM_Pikachu said:
If you can wait till tomorrow I can go shoot a pic of what MY 6x9 plates look like so that you can cut a bit more effectively.
I just cant do it right now cuz its cold as my sex life outside and dark too. lol

Hahahhaha, I'll just take my speakers, place them on the plates and draw the holes on with a marker then drill. I'll just do the same for the hole, thanks for lookin out though. :)
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top