Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my passenger speaker is not working. i checked the speaker, and its now blown and still works, i think its the wiring. how would i go about fixing the wiring, or find ing the problem spot in the wiring?

· Registered
209 Posts
Actually it could be the harness going into the door. The door harness on rexes has a plug right at the door so the doors can be replaced easily. If the connector has any corrision on it (like rexes don't rust - lol), then that could be the problem. It is a pin to get to and once out, it is even tougher to get back in. The harness contains the two speaker leads, plus 6 othe rwires for the seat belts and latch. You could drill a new hole in the door and on the door jamb where the hinges bolt to run new wires. I had to replace my doors (the ones i had were in bad shape), so when I had the doors off, I drilled new holes and installed a new rubber boot to protect the speaker wires. The only other way to drill new holes is to pull the fenders. Hopefully this is not where the problem lies, but if you check everything out and still can't get the speaker to work, this is the problem. Good luck.....

· Registered
2,120 Posts
if you have an aftermarket head unit, then get a flashlight...lay on the passenger side and check the wires.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.