Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i know the term for whats happening with my system, but i cant seem to find out why its happening. My friend installed a headunit in my car and i used some really cheap blaupunkt speakers for awhile and everything was ok. After a couple months i get a hold of some pioneer speakers and install those. I used them for about 2-3 months with no problem till now. It clips all the time when its not even loud. Why is this happening??

· Registered
1,531 Posts
Like how does it sound? Does it sound like its skipping a bit? Check your positive and ground wires to the speaker, They may be touching each other and that could happen and the result is popping noises frm your speakers. Hope that helps.

· Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
all the connections are fine. The wires have clips that i have crimped on to the sopeaker so impretty sure that is good enough.

im a dj and clipping is usually caused by insufficient amperage to the speakers from my experiences w/ my equipment. but this is weird beasue it was fine for a couple months. If my headunit wasnt giving enough power now how come it was fine before. i always used to play it at high level and had no problems.

· Registered
604 Posts
Clipping happens when you try to "overamplify" a sound wave. Imagine a sine way with a horizontal line above and below the wave. As you increase the amplitiude of the wave, it gets closer to these lines which designate the limits of your amp. As you go beyond the lines, the crest and trough of the wave is "clipped" and the sine wave begins to resemble a square wave. Speakers don't like square waves!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.