Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey wasssup civic fellas.....im a lude owner but i also own a civic that just got a swap done not to long ago....the exhaust manifold that came with the motor didnt have a 02 sensor on it and now my check engin light comes on!!!! will this put my car in SAFE MODE>????i believe it will...but not to sure...please help.....and if you have had this probelm before how did you by-pass it or how did you fixx the problem....thanxx in advance...

jokerzz out

·
Registered
542 Posts
Yes, since its a emissions realted CEL, then it will more than likely put your car into a "safe" mode. This is what i've read at various places and articles.

I would go to you local muffler shop and have them weld an 02 sensor bung onto the exhaust pipe (either the cat, if there is one, or on the testpipe, or maybe if they could do it, weld it where it'd normally go [b-pipe on the header?]). Then, you can wire up your own 02 sensor. Or, you can rig up one of those 02 simulators - I think they are like $50 though.

Is this an OBDI or OBD II engine and ecu?

Hope this helps some.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
just put in a new o2 sensor. You are throwing codes because of no o2 sensor and it is making your car run shitty

·
Registered
349 Posts
j0kerzZ_wiLD said:
hey wasssup civic fellas.....im a lude owner but i also own a civic that just got a swap done not to long ago....the exhaust manifold that came with the motor didnt have a 02 sensor on it and now my check engin light comes on!!!! will this put my car in SAFE MODE>????i believe it will...but not to sure...please help.....and if you have had this probelm before how did you by-pass it or how did you fixx the problem....thanxx in advance...

jokerzz out
what kinda swap did u do and how much did it cost and is it worth it? im thinking of getting a civic and swaping in a motor too

thanks

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Just tap somewhere along the manifold and screw on o2 sensor in or like someone else mentioned just drill a hole and weld it. Is the plug even there that runs the o2---->ECU? That would be a pain in the ass to wire if it's not there.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey everyone thanxx for your re-plys.....the motor that i droped in was a obd-I jdm gsr.....as of now im running it with my p-28 and was looking into gettting my p-28 chipped....since it has a better fule curve and it will probley cost less.....at the moment everything is OK....i know that the motor has alot more potential.. but i guess ill have to fixx that first....

i have the O2 sensor...i guess ill just have to go check to see how much the muffler shop will do it for....and agin thanxx for you fast re-plys...

jokerz out

·
Registered
542 Posts
Does the obd I jdm gsr engine use the dual butterly intake manifold?

I thought the p28 was for soemthing other than a gsr? Maybe thats why it throwing code, cuz of the dual butterfly intake manifold? Just a thought..

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the engin was bought from a friend that go's to school with me and the p28 is from my civic's stock EX ......thats why im getting it chipped soon....othere than that the gsr is a duel butterfly i believe...ill have to check that.....but im almost sure.....and the gsr is also a dual runner not single.....so i know that when i get it chipped for a my motor ill have to check that.....and i know that it should add alot of power....to what it has now...

thanxx

jokerz out

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.