Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today i got pulled over in the morning for racing with my friend on a medium sized street. I started it.. and got pulled over. During the little race i occupied the lane on the opposite side of the road.. pretty bad. i really didnt see it coming and im completely sure that i wont do something stupid like that anymore. But anyways the ticket has all the things out except for the approximate speed and max speed for the road. So basically.. am i screwed or what? cops need proof that i was racing? or no? thanks in advance for advice.

btw
YEAHHH i deserved it im stupid i get it.

·
Premium Member
23,754 Posts
Today i got pulled over in the morning for racing with my friend on a medium sized street. I started it.. and got pulled over. During the little race i occupied the lane on the opposite side of the road.. pretty bad. i really didnt see it coming and im completely sure that i wont do something stupid like that anymore. But anyways the ticket has all the things out except for the approximate speed and max speed for the road. So basically.. am i screwed or what? cops need proof that i was racing? or no? thanks in advance for advice.

btw
seeing it was proof enough..you're fucked..learn your lesson..thats the best thing you could do

·
Registered
152 Posts
lol thatfine is prolly going to be big.. i mean racing on a highway .. i think is like.. 9 points alone ahah but idk go to COURT!! easiest way.. mabey u can get a little speeding ticket. no racing involved, if ur lucky! good luck man

·
Premium Member
23,754 Posts
figure you're going to need a bus pass also

·
Registered
817 Posts
I was charged with the same thing in Boston last year, however I wasn't racing, I went to court on the wrong day (ironically) and managed to get everything dropped...however I would advise you that its the descretion of the prosecuting attorney and clerical items such as how your ticket was filled out (and pointing out those flaws) will not help your case. Your going to have to own up and deal with it. Good luck, mine was based on the fact that I had no idea who the person next to me was and why he was driving so fast.

I told the D.A. that I understood the cops positioning based on training however, charging me with racing would be holding me accontable for the other drivers actions, actions that I could not control.

Again, my advice is tuck your tail between your legs and own up. Good luck again, keep that astroglide shit handy, its really good stuff.

·
Registered
353 Posts

btw
easy thing to do is get a radar thats what i have in my ITR and i havent gotten pulled over yet... p.s. stupid idea of tryin to race on a street keep on the highways when there is basically no traffic what so ever...
good luck in court!:ninja

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
easy thing to do is get a radar thats what i have in my ITR and i havent gotten pulled over yet... p.s. stupid idea of tryin to race on a street keep on the highways when there is basically no traffic what so ever...
good luck in court!:ninja

That's not good advice. The best advice would be to keep it on the track.

As for the original poster, I'm not sure about your state and the rules they have in place but, if you haven't taken the driver course recently, I'd recommend taking it to reduce the points on your license. It sucks having to take the course/watch the video but, in the end, your insurance may not go up as much.

·
Registered
353 Posts
That's not good advice. The best advice would be to keep it on the track.

As for the original poster, I'm not sure about your state and the rules they have in place but, if you haven't taken the driver course recently, I'd recommend taking it to reduce the points on your license. It sucks having to take the course/watch the video but, in the end, your insurance may not go up as much.
i know it's not the best advice but the radar does help if you get tempted... but yea go with what he said keep it on the track...

·
Registered
33 Posts
I got pulled over for the same thing a while back.

The best thing to do is go into court and talk to the attorney. They are usually willing to help you out as long as it is your first offense.
Originally, the cop gave me a ticket for Speed Contest, Reckless Driving, Speeding, and Endangering a minor (my friend turned 18 a week later). I got it dropped down to a suspended sentence with 0 out of 24 points, and a $500 fine.

·
Registered
39,372 Posts
i just wonder how you noobs manage to dig up these old threads.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.