Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys....i have a jdm lude vtec...just wonderin if any of u guys know how to remove the speed gov in preludes......mine bucks at about 5800 rpm 5th gear..

thanks
dan

· Registered
84 Posts
If you hooked up a Fields VTEC controller, it would remove it. There are other ways, but I dont know a whole lot about them.

Good luck

· Registered
903 Posts
element h22 said:

what about the apex-i v-afc?
not that i know of.. i have one and well havent tried to pass the 120 mph governer but i dont think that does anything to it...

· Registered
1 Posts
Speed Gov.

You can use a AEM computer, this will get rid of the speed gov + allow you to change the VTEC engagers from 5600 & 6400 to lower rpm. The AEM will also allow you to mod other things on engine. But if you don't want to spend $1200-$1500 on that, you can find a company that sells chipped ECU's. Most have the Speed Gov taken off, plus change the VTEC to kick in 1000 rpm sooner, and take off the Red line restrictions (big help if you are racing!!!). Just watch out that you don't over rev, you CAN BLOW.
I have taken mine at 138 (Vegas to Utah) without the AEM or Chipped ECU. Moved back to Hawaii so I can test new ECU, hard to test over 140. If you have an open track, that is your best bet to test. Good luck.

· Registered
908 Posts
IM thinkin that if you dont want to spend 1500 for AEM ecu go with Hondata its around 295 plus what ever options u need if your turboed then they have a turbo option for 200 i believe WWW.hondata.com

· Registered
35 Posts
in the uk when we import jdm ludes we have to have the speedo converted from kmh to mph, the electric box that we use once wired up will remove the gov, the cost for one here is about £40 so i imagine in the US it would cost about $40. they sell them on ebay aswell...

· Registered
2,115 Posts
Merlin138 said:
You can use a AEM computer, this will get rid of the speed gov + allow you to change the VTEC engagers from 5600 & 6400 to lower rpm. The AEM will also allow you to mod other things on engine. But if you don't want to spend $1200-$1500 on that, you can find a company that sells chipped ECU's. Most have the Speed Gov taken off, plus change the VTEC to kick in 1000 rpm sooner, and take off the Red line restrictions (big help if you are racing!!!). Just watch out that you don't over rev, you CAN BLOW.
I have taken mine at 138 (Vegas to Utah) without the AEM or Chipped ECU. Moved back to Hawaii so I can test new ECU, hard to test over 140. If you have an open track, that is your best bet to test. Good luck.
Congratulations on bringing back a 3yr old thread!

And look! I even posted in it over 3 years ago! :)

· Registered
198 Posts
Fields vtec controller

I have a fields vtec controller and i was wondering if anyone knew how to turn off the speed limiter i know its on the back with the switches but i dont know which switches!
Please let me know

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.