Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Speed: I didn't hold up Button

20 March 2006

According to Jenson Button he might have become second in the Malaysian Grand Prix if it wasn't for Speed to stay ahead of him and not letting him get passed by. Button was not amused with the Scuderia Toro Rosso rookie.

"I got held up a lot by Speed, quite a few seconds," Button said after the race at Sepang. "This all happened just before my second pitstop. Maybe it was just enough to come out of the pit in front of Alonso."

His team boss Nick Fry agreed with Button. "Jenson was definitely annoyed. He has had a few words and made his feelings clear," Fry said. "When someone is being lapped they need to get out of the way. As long as Scott learns and gets out of the way in the future it will be a step forward."

But Scott Speed doesn't agree he needs to be blamed. "Button lost second place by about five seconds. Come on... I have done nothing wrong here," said Speed after the race.

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
haha. young punk needs to realize that he's a mid-packer/back-marker. I watched the race and I understand Scott was in a race of his own but he needs to give way to the faster cars until the FIA makes it a little easier for these cars to pass one another.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts