Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
There is NO speed limiter used on US model 5th gen Preludes. What there is - a fuel cutoff in the ECU at a point above 7400 rpm. As far as top speed goes-I have been up to about 130 and quit at that point with plently of rpm left to go 140. You will find that top speed is also a function of the flatness of the road, wind resistance.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I installed some new parts last night and went out testing today. I came out of the twisties and hit 137 mph on the straightaway before I had to do some severe braking. To answer your question, 5th gen can go slightly past 150 mph if the outside conditions are right. Not sure about bone stock, but I think I can probably do close to 150 with just a cheap intake and muffler.

·
Registered
188 Posts
ViEtKiEtAzNbOi said:
damn girl u got some ballz:rolleyes:
LoL........

I installed some new parts last night and went out testing today. I came out of the twisties and hit 137 mph on the straightaway before I had to do some severe braking. To answer your question, 5th gen can go slightly past 150 mph if the outside conditions are right. Not sure about bone stock, but I think I can probably do close to 150 with just a cheap intake and muffler.
The car can do it stock....my friend has done it

When i did it my car had already been modded...

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've got a 5th generation non SH and buried the needle at 150 mph when it was stock. I also was just a tad bit below the redline so if i wanted to go faster i would have needed a sixth gear.

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
I actually hit my rev limiter once...my gauge was buried at 150mph and I hit the rev limiter and backed off. going 150mph isn't that big of a deal to me...shit I take back roads at 120-130 around sweeping corners...maybe my car just sticks better than most other preludes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.