Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:byye Hi, welcome. Let me tell you a story... I'll keep it short. After exceeding 115mph lastnight, traviling north on MA 495. The Officer stated "I clocked you at 93mph" This was over a half mile behind him.... Thats right he was traviling in the right lane, well over a mile in front of me. I saw him at about half mile range, to witch I don't belive i was traviling THAAAT fast :hehe . No really I wasn't, I have witnesses. Anyway... gonna have to hold off on my new sneekers for the ride now :bh. This is a $150 set back in the car fund. The Officer was nice about it, he could have pulled my license, and gotten me towed. But he "Gave Me A Break". :noo Still hurts.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:noo Had one... But thanks to the North Carolina Highway Patrol... It no work no more.... They jamed it or somthing. They were behind me, the dam thing went nutts with all sorts of different sounds I'd never heard that thing put out. Then went dead quiet... thats when the lights went on. It even had VG2 and anti jamming crap and all that jazz, you could expect from a fine pice of machienery that cost $350 or so.... Oh well. I made my bed, now I must lay in it... :fear Just hope there not watching... :hehe

·
Registered
676 Posts
I just got out of the hospital and my roomate happend to be a man who had been there for 34 days before i came. He and his friend were driving home in a car, and since they were speeding they crashed. He suffered a broken back, 2 broken legs, broken hip in two places, a broken neck, he's had 12 surgerys in all including to his face and wont walk for at least 3 months. His back will take that long just ot being to heal since he almost broke it in half. His friend didnt make it unfortunately, and I had to sit with him for a week and hear his story about how his memory of the night is just in bits and pieces and hear all of his pains throughout the nights. Speeding sucks and if you're laid up in a hospital bed and have people come in and kick you when you're down, you realize it.

·
Registered
33,541 Posts
that is why i am not a dumbass always haulin ass around any more, seen too many people go down and get fucked over, now i drive calm and cool, unless i am at the track

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm usuialy a calm and in control type of driver. Just happened to be late.... for a flight. Turns out they gave me a free upgrade on the next flight out because of the ticket. That was cool. Any how, I've been severly hurt as well, from speeding. Dammaged vertibret and such. No need for details, but it happened at a track. Rolled over seven times and such. I only remember the lift off. But Fri. the road was open and the conditons were right.... Just goes to show how the decisions we make every day carry adverse consiquences.

VtecSol: Best wishes for you and your friend.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
yea, i totally agree with you guys. speeding is stupid. i just got a ticket for doing 77 in a 45. the first ticket was 67 in a 40. and i'm only 17 :idiots i seriously wish i realized this a long time ago. speeding is so pointless. just leave earlier and you'll be fine. or just don't speed. i drove the speed limit this whole entire weekend (got ticket friday morning), and it was actually really relaxing. i also noticed a lot of things i never have.

·
Registered
243 Posts
02EXSILVER said:
:byye Hi, welcome. Let me tell you a story... I'll keep it short. After exceeding 115mph lastnight, traviling north on MA 495. The Officer stated "I clocked you at 93mph" This was over a half mile behind him.... Thats right he was traviling in the right lane, well over a mile in front of me. I saw him at about half mile range, to witch I don't belive i was traviling THAAAT fast :hehe . No really I wasn't, I have witnesses. Anyway... gonna have to hold off on my new sneekers for the ride now :bh. This is a $150 set back in the car fund. The Officer was nice about it, he could have pulled my license, and gotten me towed. But he "Gave Me A Break". :noo Still hurts.
dang. I just paid $260 for running a flashing red light..... with the option of traffic school. My insurance is already 2000 every 6 fuck

KoolAsian said:
Ya think its true that you don't actually start slowing down until you get your first ticket? :D
Dang I havent got a speeding ticket yet...

ProjectHatch92 said:
yea, i totally agree with you guys. speeding is stupid. i just got a ticket for doing 77 in a 45. the first ticket was 67 in a 40. and i'm only 17 i seriously wish i realized this a long time ago. speeding is so pointless. just leave earlier and you'll be fine. or just don't speed. i drove the speed limit this whole entire weekend (got ticket friday morning), and it was actually really relaxing. i also noticed a lot of things i never have.
I'm going to start going slow now.... lol... FUCK ITS ADDICTING!!! I was going way over today. i didnt give a fuck...

but i think i'll chill for a while now, for a long while lol

·
Registered
69 Posts
you guys are lucky your in the states. I got busted doing 135km/h on a 110km/h highway and my ticket is $387.50, 6 demirt points and a one week suspension of my liscense.

My court date is march 30th since im obviously going to fight it, wish me luck

Stupid RCMP :mad

·
Registered
8,463 Posts
BFK_SI_EG said:
i never got any speeding tickets, but i still drive slow
that's cuz your car is slow... :ninja

I started driving the speed limit after my first ticket too. 68 in a 45. I don't tailgate though, so they'll never get me on that.

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
i speed. alot. its not worth the hassle of a ticket though. I calculated up how much $ i've given lawyers and my state due to tickets and classes.... its a big number. Nearly $10,000 actually. and thats just speeding cases i've had against me. For the most part, where i live its better just to appear in court than hire a lawyer. I've gotten better deals for myself than any lawyer i've hired has. bastards.

like they say, don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.