Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, Ive had a gimp passenger side lower balljoint for a while. But now that it is snowing I am getting the effects of it much more. I know either the inside wheel, or outside wheel will break loose first in a turn with an open diff, but it dosent matter if the passenger side wheel is inner or outer, it always spins. And the balljoint is messesed up. So could the spin be from the balljoint? The tire is the same as the driver side, and everything else is good.

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
the ball joint has nothing to do with you spinning that passenger wheel more.
most likely it has to do with torque steer and since that tire has a shorter axle than the driver's side that could have something to do with it.

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
i believe that commador has a b16, so he should have equal length axles.

having the sway bar end links unevenly adjusted could cause something similar, but most likely during a hard launch or while turning. Could be tire pressures are way off. could be quite a few things.

seems like the lower ball joint could prevent the front sway bar from behaving correctly, which could contribute to your problem... but I'm just guessing here...

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I shouldve added that I have a b16 so I dont have the unequal lenght d series axles. Im not saying it is the direct cause, but the balljoint is messed up, and that side is the only side that spins. So I just put 2 and 2 together.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts