Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I'm about ready to trade my car in / sell my car. My original intention was to make my 02 civic a show car but, it turns out that show cars require lotsa money... which I do not have. I've since completely lost interest in my civic. (car payments dont help the situation.)

Anyways, before I realized how poverty stricken I am, I put a spoiler on my car similar to the sti/evo spoiler(i know i know. bad choice). I've now got 4 holes in my trunk that need to be filled and painted. I COULD just trade it in with the spoiler but, it's a police bullseye and they'll think i streetrace my grocery getter(which you just cant do with an automatic 115hp shopping cart).

Now, I could do it myself however, I dont trust myself with that type of work... not yet anyways. I'm about to take my car into my local autobody shop for a quote on the damage(yeah... it's damaging to modern car culture for me to drive around with that thing on the trunk). Before I go in, I'd like to know if anyone else has had the same/similar work done on their car who could give a rough estimate of what I should expect in terms of price and how long they'll be keeping my car.

yes, i've used the search function and no, it didnt turn up any helpful results BUT, at least I know that if the cost of repair is insane, i cant just either use the bondo instructions OR trade with the plastic bookshelf attatched.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmm. I'll have to look into that. Thanks guys! If anyone has any estimated guesses as far as doing the body work... just for arguements sake, post up :p.

... maybe I'll find one with a factory spoiler attatched. Electronic wiring, I can do!

·
Registered
5,269 Posts
LevelSevenCivic said:
Hmm. I'll have to look into that. Thanks guys! If anyone has any estimated guesses as far as doing the body work... just for arguements sake, post up :p.

... maybe I'll find one with a factory spoiler attatched. Electronic wiring, I can do!
Sell it with the spoiler. It's not cheap to fill in the holes and paint it to look clean.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.