Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

spoon engine

15K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  pnc/Rcer 
#1 ·
how much is a spoon engine? where can i get it from? and how much will it cost? i know its out there but i dont ever see anything said about it on these boards.

#6 ·
first off, you guys are right
Spoon mostly deals with the B series motor
they make
C30 motors
SR20 motors
B18/16 motors

but never seen and F or H motor for the accord

ANNNNDD they are not available for the US
their website Even says so..
i forget the site, i'll get back to you guys on that

#10 ·
Anybody know if the heads, throttle body, pistons, ect, from a C30 would work on my C27?

#15 ·
a spoon engine is a road racing engine for a heavily regulated racing class. it is fairly stock, jsut very well balanced...it is NOT a drag racing engine nor is it a good candidate for other applications. basically they take the best of stock specs and make em a little bit better...the engines dont make drastically more power than stock cause they are basically using stock spec parts...just the best you can get of that spec...

#16 ·
Chirp4thGear said:

you sure the motors havent been build with spoon parts
rather than having a Spoon motor transplant??
Yeah. My friend Lou was gonna put one in his civic coupe but he decided to go another route because of the cost. He's going B20 block with a different head and a lot of motor work.

#17 ·
92HybridHatch said:
The local import shop around here is SUPPOSED to have a spoon b16 coming in....he said it would be in this week. But he also said he was gonna turbo it and one of my friends said that the compression on those engines is too high and the motor would blow, anyone know if this is true?:confused:
if any motor with high compression ratio is turbo tuned with too many PSi's will blow

even with low compression motors if the boost is too high the motor will go

because of that is the air/fuel mixture is not correct causing the motors to blow

the higer the compression the lower boost you have to run
the lower compression the higher the boost you can EXCEED.

#18 ·
pnc/Rcer said:

Yeah. My friend Lou was gonna put one in his civic coupe but he decided to go another route because of the cost. He's going B20 block with a different head and a lot of motor work.
that is a better take than to go Spoon
cause the B20 motor has more torque and better top end
that civ is gonna be quick

but i've seen B20's in hatch's , and they are just damn fast
i'm not too sure , but i think the B20 in hatch's run 12's

cause the H22 in hatchy's run 12's daily driven consistant..

#19 ·
I think he's gonna do a type r head. This is supposed to be the last car he does so he's gonna go all out. Maybe even tube chasis. His last car was a civic hatch and he was running high to mid elevens consistant as a daily driver.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.