Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at buying a spoon strut bar for an EK civic. I don't own a civic, so I was wondering how much one would usually go for? And is there any way to tell if it's a genuine SPOON bar?

·
Registered
8,520 Posts
Why exactly do you want the spoon bar? Cause it'a "tight" company? There are ALOT of bars out there that are better ... Neuspeed, Benen, EM Racing .. etc ... ones w/o a pivot point or joint.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
IMO if you find a new bar for under $200.00 then you're in the "ballpark". If you can get one for under $175.00 then it's a deal.

I've had a Cusco, DC, Mugen, and a few other "name brand" strut bars over the years, and I couldn't tell the difference if I had to...:rolleyes: IMHO get what you want because there's something to be said for "pride of ownership" and all that, but if money's tight a $20.00 generic eBay bar is better then none at all.;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its not for me, its a present for my brother. I don't really feel like giving him an ebay joint, he's worth a little more than that.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
lude000 said:
its not for me, its a present for my brother. I don't really feel like giving him an ebay joint, he's worth a little more than that.
I guess the way to be sure is to purchase it from a Spoon Sports authorized dealer. Just don't expect a deal though... Good luck nOOb, welcome to SHO!:p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts