Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry if this wast posted up before, but i have been searching the forum but cant find a good answer..

i just want to kno whats the power difference of the spoon cams and toda spec b cams......i kno the spec of them, but i want to kno the gain difference, how it idles, do i have to bump the CR for these cams and durabilities of these cams

and any feed back of the ppl using theses cams or other stories

oyeah these cams will go into my Si

thanks for all your help in advance!!
Vut

· Registered
59 Posts
I'm interesting in this myself and have been doing research on sites etc, but I'm wondering do you need to upgrade your valve springs with the spoon cams like you do on the todas(spec B )? Trying to see if I could same 300 bucs :)

· Premium Member
9,316 Posts
The Toda B's are a great cam, don't get me wrong, but they idle rough, and also require a lot of up keep. To be honest, I would not get such an aggresive cam for street use.

With your other basic mods that go with the cams (I/H/E, clutch, ECU, VAFC, ect...) you can expect about a 20-30 WHP gain. If tuned right you should be in the mid 14's. THAT IS IF YOUR TUNED RIGHT, and setup properly. My buddy has this setup, he dynoed at high 160's to the wheels, but his best run was only a 15.001. Tuning is a HUGE part of these cams.

My buddy who has them, actually wants to sell his whole set up. If your interested, go to his page

http://filebox.vt.edu/users/echi/webpage/

The iteams are ALL still for sale, and are not sold.

· Registered
1,226 Posts
this is cold hard fact: spoon cams for your b16a2 (si) are repackaged civic type r cams- this is no lie, they'll even tell you if you actually get a hold of them, just go look at the spec sheet, EXACT same lift, duration, etc. etc...the thing is, the pretty clear & blue plastic wrap they come in, along with that nifty white box with spoon lettering on it jacks the tag to over $1000 while you could just get the CTR cam set for under $700. also, the only cam thats going to give you any noticeable gains regarding the CTR cams would be the intake cam, which drops your price down by about half of that $700...i dont know much about toda cams so i cant help you there, but i figured id let you know all this before another fellow si owner burns up his wallet without having to, good luck with your choice :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.