Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2,850 Posts
you could try some spray paint stripper. there's a really good type at Wal Mart, about $3.88 per can.

dunno if that would harm the muffler, but i use that when i want to change the color of my rims. it doesn't seem to affect the metal at all (don't get that crap on your skin though, cause it burns like you wouldn't believe!).

alternately, why don't you paint the muffler a different color? i've been considering painting my muffler gunmetal to match my rims.

· Registered
513 Posts
allkingz said:
You can probably use laquer thinner. It shouldn't affect the metal at all and it'll take the spraypaint off really easy.

Hes right, plus it WON'T harm the finish of the exhaust....It might even shine it up a bit! I used to use this stuff on Stainless steel counter tops at my dads house....I got that wood staining stuff to paint the cabinets and go tit on the steel...So it tok the shit right off....and put some more "shine" to it.....So I ended up out it on the whole counter top. yeah the counter top was about 5 years of use back then and made it look like i replaced the whole thing the same day.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.