Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
oh yea what do you think would be better, a lowering cup set for about 600 bucks from H&R, or the full coilovers for about 900 from H&R?, i mean i know coilovers are a better ride, but are they really worth an extra 300 bucks? cause i know they come with koni or bilstein shocks which are nice, and if i ever put 16's on they will still fit after a 2" drop? so the question again? cup set, or coilovers?

·
Registered
272 Posts
the advantages of coilovers are worth more than a 300 dollar difference. Coilovers offer a better ride as well as the ability to adjust your ride height. :D

·
Registered
355 Posts
well #1 coilovers are not a better ride. Unless you're talknig about hte full coilover setup which I don't know too much about. You can get jsut the coilover sleeve that you use w/ stock or any aftermarket strut for about $300 a sek. SKunk2, Ground Control make them to name a few. IF you want the ful lsetup a good one is gonna cost you approz $1,000. The Tanabe Stusec PRos I hear are good so are Tein, Neuspeed nad Apexi. But overall a lwoering spring and aftermarket struts are going to be the best ride and they're gonna be a stiffer ride too. BUt if you want to "slam" your car to the groudn then coil's are better. But get a full setup. I myself have Progress 2.3" springs. THey're the best spring for the $$. I LOVE THEM!!

Good luck!!

·
Registered
148 Posts
i agree with dave... most ppl i know with the adjustable coilovers have shitty rides...think about it... the spring is shorter... its not logical that it would be better....

I have eibach sl w/ KYB AGX shocks... ride is real nice... and i only paid 800 for the combo brand new...

·
Registered
479 Posts
Im pretty sure springs will have a better ride, but its just the convience that coil overs provide (raising and dropping) that got me to buy coilovers. I mean, i would rather have an adjustable height than be stuck with a 2'' drop forever. But its all up to you. Good luck with your choice.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
I say get coilovers....With springs, you're stuck at one height, and with coilovers, you can adjust your height whenever you want to.

·
Registered
65 Posts
mlin81 said:
i agree with dave... most ppl i know with the adjustable coilovers have shitty rides...think about it... the spring is shorter... its not logical that it would be better....

I have eibach sl w/ KYB AGX shocks... ride is real nice... and i only paid 800 for the combo brand new...
Is it that much more for the Integras? It's only around $500 - $600 for the Civics [eibach sl/prokit $200 + KYB $350]

·
Registered
65 Posts
Well, actually, I accidentally posted under a different person. The quote above was from a Del Sol it looks like...but still, a del sol for that expensive huh?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts