Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
EchoXray said:
No need for springs unless you want to rev higher then stock redline, and those cams will not make power that high, so no you dont need them. but if you do want some springs just because pm me.
What are you talking about? do not replace the springs? with ctr cams?

Yes you need to replace the springs, even though redline will not increase the duration on those cams will be to much for the stock b16 springs, thus why the ITR's have different valve springs then the b16 and the gsr...

·
Registered
172 Posts
what b16a do you have. if its an sir1 motor then yes, you need to replace the springs. those have weak springs and if you happened to get an automatic motor then the exhaust side has single springs. blah

if you have a b16a2 then i wouldnt worry too much about it, they dont make power that high with just the cams and its likley that you wont be getting a different ecu that will allow it to rev higher anyway. keep it at the stock revlimit and you will be fine.. same goes for the b16a3

·
Registered
172 Posts
Copper242 said:
It's a b16a2 , but I was told because it is auto the cams are weaker than normal (i.e. less aggressive). Maybe the same goes for the springs too?
i didnt know there was an auto b16a2... maybe in japan land..

i dont know anything about those motors so i cant say for sure....

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Wadzii22 said:
i didnt know there was an auto b16a2... maybe in japan land..

i dont know anything about those motors so i cant say for sure....
yes there were auto b16a's in japan and yes the cams in those engines are less aggressive and the valve springs are as well, i recommend at least upgrading to ITR valve springs, but in all honesty for about the same price you can get some skunk2 stage 1 cams and valve springs, the skunk2 stage 1's are more aggressive then the CTR cams......just something to think about

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Wadzii22 said:
i know there were auto b16a sir1 motors but i have never seen a auto b16a2 or 3. oh well.

there were never auto SiR one motors b, the autos came from the second and third gen, i have never ever seen an OBD-0 automatic b16a

·
Registered
172 Posts
temp03 said:
there were never auto SiR one motors b, the autos came from the second and third gen, i have never ever seen an OBD-0 automatic b16a
i got 2 auto sir1 b16 trannys at the house and a few flex plates from long blocks we have gotten

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Wadzii22 said:
i got 2 auto sir1 b16 trannys at the house and a few flex plates from long blocks we have gotten

ahhhh shit, i forgot they came in DA's too.......n/m, my bad

·
Registered
150 Posts
The CTR/ITR uses dual valve springs. Because of the lift and duration of the lobes. If you throw CTR cams on single valve springs you WILL bent valves towards the end of the rev limit after awhile. What some guys do to save cash is to move the B16 intake springs which are most likely Dual valve springs to the exhaust side and buy ITR valve springs for the intake side.

·
Registered
172 Posts
b18b's dont have dual springs? i could have swore the last 2 i tore apart did. oh well

and zc's dont count, those things are trash anyway

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Wadzii22 said:
b18b's dont have dual springs? i could have swore the last 2 i tore apart did. oh well

and zc's dont count, those things are trash anyway

nope, b18a/b's do not have duals, and thats a bold statement about a zc d00d

·
Registered
172 Posts
temp03 said:
nope, b18a/b's do not have duals, and thats a bold statement about a zc d00d
guess they had aftermarket stuff or maybe it was that long ago

not really. when was the last time you saw a fast car with a zc motor at the track winning race.. hmmm... never..........

i edited my orignal post

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Wadzii22 said:
guess they had aftermarket stuff or maybe it was that long ago

not really. when was the last time you saw a fast car with a zc motor at the track winning race.. hmmm... never..........

i edited my orignal post

depends on which track you are talking about, because i dont think in straight lines like most people.......

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.