Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
quick ?, is there any thing i need to know before attempting to remove my aftermarket springs and installing the stocks. I tried searching but couldnt find anything allthough im sure it has been asked millions of times. thx

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
usually you dont need a spring compressor to remove aftermarket lowering springs.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the springs are eibach sportlines and im putting back on my stocks. the reason for this is because i threw a rod and blew my engine so now i got to throw everything stock back on so that i can take it in to see if my warranty will cover it. is there any thing i can seriously mess up doing this, i went out today and got a spring compressor.

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
kommon_sense said:
may depend on the spring. I've needed a compressor for both eibach pro-kits and h&r sports.
i tired to use a spring compressor when i installed neuspeed sports ( ~ the same drop as h&r sports) on my ex-girlfriends 2001 gsr. i got it from autozone and it was akward (sp??) for me to use so i gave up on it. i learned how to take off stock springs without a spring compressor. when i installed the neuspeed sports and tokico blues i didnt use a spring compressor either. just put my weight (about 115lbs at the time) on them and got the nut started.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
98civcEK said:
yeah he did, but if he weighs enough he won't need one.
sounds like youve done this before :hehe
i remember this part. and if you do weigh enough, tis true you dont need one. but get one anyways, incase.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I seriously doubt having aftermarket lowering springs would void your powertrain warranty. Probably just your suspension warranty, so there really is no need to change it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.