Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed the sprint performance springs, 1001-1.5. Which drops the car all around 1.5". I have a 94 Integra LS. I am really disappointed in the drop, it looks and measures only about a 1 - 1 1/4" drop. My friend has the same car, with a 2" front, and 1.75" back drop, and his car looks slammed! Mine looks just a little different than b4. Can I expect my springs to set or sag a lil over the first week of use? Cuz right now I am pretty disappointed in the drop. Our drops should, hypothetically only be .5" diff, but his is probably more than 1.5" lower. He has neuspeed, I have sprint. thanks

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
you don't want sag. that means the springs are really soft (not good). the neuspeeds give an initial drop that is more noticable because it is a 2" drop and the race springs are stiffer...so they will be at their steady state height right away. oh, and did you cut your bump stop?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea. my fault. i wasn't talking sag. the shop told me they would "set" another inch lower. Maybe it's an illusion that my car isn't as low since i have 205/40/16r tires. What is the bump stop? and is that a diy? i'll look it up online also.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
the bumpstop should have been cut while the strut towers were apart. it basically prevents your car from bottoming out...but once you lower the car, they need to be shortened slightly.

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
UltraMagneticAL said:
the bumpstop should have been cut while the strut towers were apart. it basically prevents your car from bottoming out...but once you lower the car, they need to be shortened slightly.
That depends on the spring. For example, my old eibach prokits lowered the car about 1.5" and said to cut the bumpstops by 1". My current h&r sports lower the car about 1.75" and say *DO NOT* cut the bumpstops. Many spring manufacturers factor the bumpstops into the design of the spring.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
yah, but these are sprint springs we're talking about here. ;) my experience is that we've had to cut them in the past.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will check the bumpstops. For continual look, *how far the car is lowered* if the bumpstops were really keeping my car up higher than the new springs would allow, wouldn't this cause my ride to be really rough, like riding on a brick? I don't feel extra rough ride, but I will still check.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
if you bought coilover sleeves that aren't brand name, get rid of them and get something of better quality.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
UltraMagneticAL said:
if you bought coilover sleeves that aren't brand name, get rid of them and get something of better quality.
i figured that one of you guys would come up with this answer. see, this wasn't my question, not trying to bash you guys. but i don't have money like others. will i still have to cut the bump stop?

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
if you don't have money to modify, then go back to stock. OE > cheapo brands.

it's against my policy to help people break their cars. if i gave you an answer, you'll keep your cheapo crap products which will lead to suspension failure and more money being spent in the long run. just save up.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
UltraMagneticAL said:

it's against my policy to help people break their cars. if i gave you an answer, you'll keep your cheapo crap products which will lead to suspension failure and more money being spent in the long run. just save up.

you didn't advise me to buy these springs, nor did i ask for you advice on if i should buy these or not. i was just asking a simple question.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
UltraMagneticAL said:

you didn't advise me to buy these springs, nor did i ask for your advice on if i should buy these or not. i was just asking a simple question.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
which i refuse to answer because of the nature of the result. i don't want you getting hurt...or worse, you endangering your fellow motorists. i'm also advising you to stay stock if you can't afford the good stuff...or even the okay stuff. but NEVER EVER get the cheapo stuff that can endanger yourself or others. suspension and your tires are the only things connecting 2000lbs+ of car and the road.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
UltraMagneticAL said:
which i refuse to answer because of the nature of the result. i don't want you getting hurt...or worse, you endangering your fellow motorists. i'm also advising you to stay stock if you can't afford the good stuff...or even the okay stuff. but NEVER EVER get the cheapo stuff that can endanger yourself or others. suspension and your tires are the only things connecting 2000lbs+ of car and the road.

i appreciate your concern, but there are plenty of people on this forum that have bought the "cheapo" brands so you can't really stop everyone. i hope i didn't offend you, cuz i wasn't trying to.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
there are also a lot of members who can't log on anymore to tell you of their bad experiences. and i have lots of customers who come to me because some other company sold them crappy shit and they're looking to replace w/ better stuff. i don't even sell the cheap crap because it's unethical.

·
Registered
894 Posts
UltraMagneticAL said:
there are also a lot of members who can't log on anymore to tell you of their bad experiences. and i have lots of customers who come to me because some other company sold them crappy shit and they're looking to replace w/ better stuff. i don't even sell the cheap crap because it's unethical.
That is a good point. Suspension parts you never wanna go cheap. Something snaps then you're screwed.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts