Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was getting my clutch done today and the guy doing it pulls me in the garage and shows me the input shaft(pretty sure thats what its called) on the tranny makes kind of a clicking noise when it spins. He said it might be a spun bearing and not to bring it to a track/race it etc. :cry Am I gonna be able to spray with this problem? My car has been driving fine for a long time and I dont think thats a new problem.

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
eg6hatch315 said:
I was getting my clutch done today and the guy doing it pulls me in the garage and shows me the input shaft(pretty sure thats what its called) on the tranny makes kind of a clicking noise when it spins. He said it might be a spun bearing and not to bring it to a track/race it etc. :cry Am I gonna be able to spray with this problem? My car has been driving fine for a long time and I dont think thats a new problem.
did u have him change ur throwout bearing and pilot bearing?

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
asianpride559 said:
did u have him change ur throwout bearing and pilot bearing?

Yeah just got the car back maybe an hour ago. Got the flywheel resurfaced, new throwout, new pilot, new clutch and new pressure plate. Hopefully the spinning sound when I accelarate will go away now, but it might be a bearing in the tranny. Well I gotta let the clutch break in and then theres only one way to find out.

·
Registered
20 Posts
its the trans. i did all that good stuff to try to fix it already. my trans is still running fine though.(its just that damm noise that coming from it). im going to get a new one though. you should do the same. i think its the input shaft bearing too. bad bearing leads to many other problems in the long run. i've driven mines like that for about 5k miles now still no problem. not too smart though cause i drive outerstate every weekend. time to get a new motor too. (b16)

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
eg6hatch315 said:
Yeah just got the car back maybe an hour ago. Got the flywheel resurfaced, new throwout, new pilot, new clutch and new pressure plate. Hopefully the spinning sound when I accelarate will go away now, but it might be a bearing in the tranny. Well I gotta let the clutch break in and then theres only one way to find out.
yea i have seen one with a chatter sound which we couldnt get rid of either untill we switch the trannys.a tranny rebuilt bearing kit runs about 250 i found at my shops cost. i was like damn because i still have a sohc tranny from my old motor which is fucked up

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
asianpride559 said:
yea i have seen one with a chatter sound which we couldnt get rid of either untill we switch the trannys.a tranny rebuilt bearing kit runs about 250 i found at my shops cost. i was like damn because i still have a sohc tranny from my old motor which is fucked up

Iunno maybe when it takes a crap ill replace it. Maybe I wont have the car that long, alot of shit could happen.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.