Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know what it sounds like if this happens? does the engine even run? reason im asking is im about to buy a boosted gsr from a guy on the "other" honda forum who said his oil light just came on and started blowing a little smoke and it made a ticking sound at around 2-3k rpm's...he and his tuner seems to think that it just needs a valve adjustment. he added some oil and the light went off. also, i think he is getting some blow-by (ill deal w/ that later i guess)...what are some things to look for when i go take a look at the car? he says it still runs fine, but smokes a little when it hits full boost. thanks.
greg

·
Registered
275 Posts
if its knocking you need to rebuild the bottom end all over again. If it knocks when the car revs up, and gets louder through the rpms, its done time for a rebuild. I would let your mechanic take a look at it, before u go spending all that money...Cause it may cost u twice as much to rebuild it. I would stay away if ur not 100% sure...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.