Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The MLK is the newest Mercedes SUV in development, a compact 4x4 that's rumored to be released sometime in 2008. As evidenced from the photos, the MLK will share similar attributes of the soon-to-be released redesigned C-Class, and will likely compete with both the BMW X3 as well as the Audi Q5.

Source: eMercedesBenz
Pics. It's very heavily camouflaged.

·
Registered
489 Posts
it looks bullet proof like its made for the next XXX movie lol

looks nice though

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
not trying to be critical of the poster, but shots of cars in this heavy camo do nothing for me... this thing looks like a f_cking tank on wheels -- or like a subaru that just came out of a war-zone...

in closing -- woohoo. i can't tell wtf this thing is, but it's got wheels!

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
hobie237 said:
Interesting. Less of an SUV than a sedan with extra ground clearance.

Sure as hell better than the R-class...
it's more like a hatch to me. if you look closely, you'll see that the trunk lid is fake.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
crossover like RX??

·
Registered
5,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
IISaiNtII said:
not trying to be critical of the poster, but shots of cars in this heavy camo do nothing for me... this thing looks like a f_cking tank on wheels -- or like a subaru that just came out of a war-zone...

ahaha:D. It's a progressive thing. Every couple of weeks, bits of those camo pieces come off, new pictures will surface, and the thread will be updated.

Right now, we know it's a 4x4 (higher ground clearance). We also know it has an almost sedanish/hatchback profile. The roofline is also racked and looks very coupe like (like the CLS). Beltline also seems high. Not a whole lot is given away, but there's bits that kind of hint at what we can expect the final product to look like.

One thing it doesn't look like is the traditional compact SUV/Crossover.

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
IISaiNtII said:

i'm thinking the same thing

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Althought I can't exactly say if I like it or not (obviously), but my guess is that it looks like an S-class, but shorter and raised 10ft off the ground. :bash

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.