Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
source: http://www.worldcarfans.com/spyphot...e/1/country/jcf/lexus/spy-photos-lexus-is-500

Japan strikes back

Taking on BMW’s up-coming M3 and Mercedes’ future C 63 AMG, the new IS 500 is certainly appreciated by sport-saloon fanatics. We haven't seen or heard much about it lately, but it appears as though the V8-powered Lexus IS 500 is still an ongoing project. This prototype spotted on the Nürburgring is clearly no ordinary IS 350 given its deep front air dam, extra large boot lid spoiler and two pairs of exhaust pipes. On top of that, we just heard a rumour that the new LS 460 will be the first Lexus with an electronic stability control system which can be deactivated. We can only hope this high-powered IS will be the next nanny-less Lexus headed our way.

I've never heard of the IS500 til now but it seems to be promising. I've always been a fan of the new IS, hopefully this trim will be an all out performance model.

·
Registered
849 Posts
wow lexus is really pulling out the big guns to truely compete with the upcoming m3 and rs4. the exhaust tips look ugly, but they could change it later.

damn they are REALLY pushing that car, check out the tires they are really straining with the amount of force.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
The exhaust is decent, but it would be much sweeter if they did the dual tips like the new porsche carreras or the cayenne

~Peace

·
Registered
39,372 Posts
i like it, but seems to be just a larger mock-up of the 350. i dont care for what they did with the tail-lights on thes gen, like the way that they angle down like \ / ...anyways, thats just imo.

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
Looks good... I hope they keep those wheels! They probably won't in bronze, but in silver they would still look dope.

You guys think the IS350 is overpriced?! Isn't it like $36-37k? A 330i with a lot less power is more than that I believe, and so much on the 330i is an option instead of standard. And let's not even talk about the C350. You can also option out an A4 2.0T to cost well over that much.

·
Registered
930 Posts
White98LS said:
Looks good... I hope they keep those wheels! They probably won't in bronze, but in silver they would still look dope.

You guys think the IS350 is overpriced?! Isn't it like $36-37k? A 330i with a lot less power is more than that I believe, and so much on the 330i is an option instead of standard. And let's not even talk about the C350. You can also option out an A4 2.0T to cost well over that much.
agreed. i was pricing some of these out a couple of weeks ago, and the IS looked pretty attractive compared to its counterparts. this includes pricing and options.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
White98LS said:

yap those wheels WOW i am loving it...they always said japanese lux car overprice just because it japanese and not german. if its german car no one complain. lexus can charge higher than the german but they dont because they also want another advantage.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
dodolaje said:
yap those wheels WOW i am loving it...they always said japanese lux car overprice just because it japanese and not german. if its german car no one complain. lexus can charge higher than the german but they dont because they also want another advantage.
Exactly, and you can't really call the IS a luxo version of a toyota since the IS model is exclusively made for lexus unlike the ES and GS.

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
dodolaje said:

i think cars in general are overpriced. Reason why companies like Kia make a killings. People can have a brand new car with a 100 year warranty for cheap.

I priced a IS350 and a BMW 3 series with every option I wanted. Both came out at 45k.Granted I picked alot of options for both so they can be had for under 40k. Boils down to horsepower and brand name.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Jree$e said:
i think cars in general are overpriced. Reason why companies like Kia make a killings. People can have a brand new car with a 100 year warranty for cheap.
good point.

·
Registered
39,372 Posts
speaking of which, does anybody know how deep your pockets have to be for this new IS500??

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
rnstein69 said:
speaking of which, does anybody know how deep your pockets have to be for this new IS500??
i guess this's just a spyshot and toyotat hasn't officially announced anything yet...but my guess is that the sticker should be comparable to the M3...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.