Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
39,372 Posts
Hprelude92 said:
i guess this's just a spyshot and toyotat hasn't officially announced anything yet...but my guess is that the sticker should be comparable to the M3...
yeah, i kinda figured that. whats that IS 350 going for.. i think close to 40k right?? if im not mistaken?? or is it the IS 250 thats mid 30's??

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
rnstein69 said:
yeah, i kinda figured that. whats that IS 350 going for.. i think close to 40k right?? if im not mistaken?? or is it the IS 250 thats mid 30's??
IS250 ranges from ~30k-35k
IS350's around ~36k to 45k w/ all the options

·
Registered
39,372 Posts
Hprelude92 said:
IS250 ranges from ~30k-35k
IS350's around ~36k to 45k w/ all the options
thats not too bad. i sat in the is 350 at the international car show in NYC. it is very nice. lexus has very good interior styling and configuration imo. i dont think that would be my first choice for that price range though.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Jree$e said:
i think cars in general are overpriced. Reason why companies like Kia make a killings. People can have a brand new car with a 100 year warranty for cheap.

I priced a IS350 and a BMW 3 series with every option I wanted. Both came out at 45k.Granted I picked alot of options for both so they can be had for under 40k. Boils down to horsepower and brand name.
lexus cars are expensive because its in different class than KIA low volume vs high volume cars. if KIA got the resource or capabilities to make lux car they would sell it expensive and if their brand, package, cars are as good or better than lexus I bet they will sell it as expensive or even more expensive than lexus. but since the korean onli advantage is the longer warranty and cheap ride they cant charge the customers more because they will not make any sales at all if they sell it near to the japanese which alreadi proven to be great cars.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Even though bimmers have always been the benchmark for luxo performance, Lexus has been right on thier heels in performance, a step ahead in reliability, and now maybe a couple of steps ahead in styling. Im lovin this new IS and those wheels look awsome.

Im glad Lexus doesn't have that premium bimmer "heritage" or they would charge bimmer prices...

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
phrancis said:
Even though bimmers have always been the benchmark for luxo performance, Lexus has been right on thier heels in performance, a step ahead in reliability, and now maybe a couple of steps ahead in styling. Im lovin this new IS and those wheels look awsome.

Im glad Lexus doesn't have that premium bimmer "heritage" or they would charge bimmer prices...
what performance? other than the IS350 being a helluva lot faster than a 330i. Other than that reliability and styling Lexus has BMW owned. Inifiniti is a better Japanese rival to the Bimmer in performance than Lexus

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
vueboy5 said:
Exactly, and you can't really call the IS a luxo version of a toyota since the IS model is exclusively made for lexus unlike the ES and GS.
I believe the original IS was a car called the Toyota Altezza/IS 200 in Japan. I don't know if the current IS is a dedicated Lexus or not but originally the IS was a rebadged Toyota

·
Registered
593 Posts
ThirdLane said:
I believe the original IS was a car called the Toyota Altezza/IS 200 in Japan. I don't know if the current IS is a dedicated Lexus or not but originally the IS was a rebadged Toyota
but didnt the last generation IS300 and the corolla share parts/platofrm?

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
accordjtstyle said:
but didnt the last generation IS300 and the corolla share parts/platofrm?
if i remember correctly, Tsuchiya once said on BMI that the IS is descendent of the AE86...so it can be that the IS share parts/platform w/ the corolla...

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.