Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
squeaky shocks (and wheel hop)?

i bought a set of '97 itr springs/shocks off ebay in june. the driver's front recently started squeaking as it compresses and expands. also, the last couple times i autocrossed, i noticed wheelhop if i take a tight turn at competition speed. what's the problem(s)? are the sqeak and wheelhop related? did that POS sell me blown shocks?

thx,
p

btw, i'm piloting a '95 LS

p.s. if i need new shocks, what would you recommend. i hear a lot about koni yellows, but what else is out there for daily driver/autox?

·
Registered
267 Posts
siciliani said:
i bought a set of '97 itr springs/shocks off ebay in june. the driver's front recently started squeaking as it compresses and expands. also, the last couple times i autocrossed, i noticed wheelhop if i take a tight turn at competition speed. what's the problem(s)? are the sqeak and wheelhop related? did that POS sell me blown shocks?

thx,
p

btw, i'm piloting a '95 LS

p.s. if i need new shocks, what would you recommend. i hear a lot about koni yellows, but what else is out there for daily driver/autox?
your shocks could be blown, im not sure. But my friend's camry does the same thing.... does your ride seem bouncy at all?

kyb agx 5 way adjustables are great. MY friend has them on his accord... setting 1,2,3 are smooth but firm... 4 and 5 are just firm and good for autocrossing etc.

tokicos are also great but thye are quite expensive... about 100 bucks total more than kybs... depends on where you buy though.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
are the kyb's adjustable on rebound/compression, or both?

·
Registered
241 Posts
WhenI put aftermarket shocks on (KYB-AGX), my car squeaked like a freak'n rat orgy. The dust covers were rubbing, but once I removed them, the sqeaking went away completely.

-GothRice-

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what are dust covers and how do i remove them?
what about the wheel hop while turning...is it unrelated?

thx,
p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts