Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought my 95 Accord it was involved in a minor crash. Nothing big but since the airbags activate over five miles an hour and here in Guatemala buying new ones are out of the question. So I cut out the airbags and sealed them up again, (The seams where they ripped open are invisible...thank god). So the question is how can I turn off the SRS indicator light. I know pulling the fuse out does'nt do much so what else can I try? I hate driving around with the light turned on. Someone suggested tearing up my guage cluster and just pulling the bulb out, while someone else said leave it be.
Any suggestions???

Thanks Again.

:confused:

· Registered
87 Posts
Although I would never consider driving around without a safety feature like airbags, if you are pretty good with electronics you should be able to trick the system. What you need to do is find the resistance value of the undeployed airbag. I think the drivers and passangers are different values. This resistance is how the system knows the bag is there. When you have the resistance, visit radio shack and purchace a resistor of that size and soldier it into the connector.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.