Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey I got an 02 TL-S and recently the SRS light came on. I thought it was the fuse but when i checked the fuse (7.5amp), it was fine. The light still lit and I'm not sure if the problem requires dealership service. Would unplugging the battery and reset the ecu do anything to it? Let me know guys.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Did you do something relate to electrical or unplug the battery? SRS light on is indication of passenger airbag is disable which under accident, it won't deploy! So if you did not do anything to the car at all and suddently the SRS light on, bring to the dealer to check out. IF under warranty, it will be fix for free. Better safe than sorry.
However, if the SRS light on due to the result of disconnected the battery or short circuit due to install electrical equipments, then there's an easy fix:

Here are the instructions for resetting the SRS light. (instructions copied from DareIL)

1. there is a Yellow 2 Pin connector with 2 greens wires in it.
2. It is under dash left of steering wheel as the driver sits.
3. smaller yellow block is the right one and is located one inch above another bigger yellow wire block which has a spring loaded connector.

Unplug the connector then Bend the paper clip to a U-shape and stick the paperclip in the 2 holes..
turn the car on, wait for the SRS light to go off, yank the paperclip out.
It'll light up again, shove the paperclip back in...
then it'll turn off. Yank it out. It'll then blink twice to tell you it's reset.

Don't worry about the timings...just do it as soon as you see the light change (and do it quick).

I cut a thin paperclip to about 2cm long, then bent it with needle nosed pliars so it looked like a staple. Then I just used the needle nosed pliars to push it in and out of the plug. Just be careful to shove it into the right side of the plug...the one side of the hole doesn't contact the metal.

(instructions copied from DareIL)

·
Registered
23 Posts
i would take it to the dealer. most likely it is a passenger seat opds code or seat belt buckle code stored . honda has a lifetime seat belt warranty and they just extended the opds unit warranty. it is probably an opds code 15-1,15-2,or 15-3 code

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
A couple months ago I got notified of a warrenty extension for that problem. I had the same thing happen, and I took it in, and everything was fine.

I also have heard of people using a paper clip to jump somthing......but I would not recommend that because it could cost you your life.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Accord2000LX said:
Did you do something relate to electrical or unplug the battery? SRS light on is indication of passenger airbag is disable which under accident, it won't deploy! So if you did not do anything to the car at all and suddently the SRS light on, bring to the dealer to check out. IF under warranty, it will be fix for free. Better safe than sorry.
However, if the SRS light on due to the result of disconnected the battery or short circuit due to install electrical equipments, then there's an easy fix:

Here are the instructions for resetting the SRS light. (instructions copied from DareIL)

1. there is a Yellow 2 Pin connector with 2 greens wires in it.
2. It is under dash left of steering wheel as the driver sits.
3. smaller yellow block is the right one and is located one inch above another bigger yellow wire block which has a spring loaded connector.

Unplug the connector then Bend the paper clip to a U-shape and stick the paperclip in the 2 holes..
turn the car on, wait for the SRS light to go off, yank the paperclip out.
It'll light up again, shove the paperclip back in...
then it'll turn off. Yank it out. It'll then blink twice to tell you it's reset.

Don't worry about the timings...just do it as soon as you see the light change (and do it quick).

I cut a thin paperclip to about 2cm long, then bent it with needle nosed pliars so it looked like a staple. Then I just used the needle nosed pliars to push it in and out of the plug. Just be careful to shove it into the right side of the plug...the one side of the hole doesn't contact the metal.

(instructions copied from DareIL)

this method really works, just did it to my brothers 02 TL-s a week ago

·
Registered
1 Posts
i can comfirm that this method definatily works because i did it to my car last night. it worked just like they said but you have to do it fast as instructed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey does anyone know what it means when you try that reset and the light doesnt flash but just comes back on? Is that a problem with the passenger airbag or connection with it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
This method does work, but if there is really a problem with the SRS then the light will come back on after 15 or so starts of the car (unless the underlying problem is fixed).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts