Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok whats up..i got a 2000 accord and my srs light goes on ALLL THE TIME...now its up 2 the 4th time going on...the first 3 times the car was under warrenty but what u think makes my light go all a lot? and do any of yall w/ a 2000 accord have the same problem? im so sik of takin it 2 honda everytime it messes up cuz its like an hour and half away...leme know if any of yall have the same problem

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
ok well SRS means safety Restraint System..so you may have a problem with seatbelts ( i dont know how) but more may be a problem with airbags

but im no guru or mechanic.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Hook up an OBD2 to it and see what's up. I know in some cars I've had, the problem is actually unrelated to the light. Most likely it's just a bad sensor.

·
Registered
392 Posts
everytime it goes on, is there anyone in the passanger seat??? mine comes on but only when there is someone sitting on the passanger seat and they are not seated properly; like they might be leaning a bit funny on one of the sides of the seat, that the sensor goes off.

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
Gosei_Passion said:
ok well SRS means safety Restraint System..so you may have a problem with seatbelts ( i dont know how) but more may be a problem with airbags

but im no guru or mechanic.
If it is related to the Airbag or the Seat belt I don't think the warranty expires on those things due to them being saftey devices.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts