Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 294 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not trying to start a flame war, but im looking for some info on the RSX. This car will be strictly a daily driver, but i need something w/ some power, or id die. I have been looking at the srt-4's alot at carmax, and other used lots, and the only reason that they appeal to me is because of their easy stage upgrades. I think that overall the RSX is a better car, which is why i want to know, in the end, is a modified RSX faster than a stage 3 srt-4 AND is the RSX cheaper to mod?? Thanks for your help!!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Go for the RSX(if its a type S). 201hp NA vs about 220hp boosted. I won't jump out and say cause its honda, the rsx is more reliable cause I hear the SRT-4 is pretty reliable too and my friend still hasn't had any problem with it. I'd get the RSX though, more potential.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
depends on if you want the car to last over a couple years or not. the SRT-4 is not very reliable from what i hear....especially there trannys

·
Registered
517 Posts
totally unbiased, get the srt4. I myself would get the rsx just because i'm hooked on honda. The srt4 though is already nearly a second faster stock, traps around 5mph more in the 1/4, and also handles nearly as good as the rsx. The neon platform has always been a good autocross vehicle if people want to except it or not. Well that is in the old school r/t acr and now srt4 version. WV is ate up with srt4's and i'm here to tell ya that YES the only letdown i've seen from them are the trannies but i can also say that the only ones that were blowing them were also the ones that in my opinion weren't the best drivers, tried speed shifting too much, and down right beat the cars. I think as far as taking a beating mostly all honda trannies can take the punishment alot better just judging from my own driving and from all the other honda fans in this state. But again thats the only flaw i've seen and only if they are beat to death. If you decided to do i,h,e and k-flash on the type s you'd have around 200whp/140tq and run possible high 13's @ around 100-102 if you can drive. For near the same price you can do mopar stage 2 which will give you around 300whp/320tq and put you in the mid 12's @ around 110 or so, again if you can drive. Then if you want to put the extra dough in the mopar stage 3 you can do around 400whp. Plus the srt4 will still be under warranty. The warranty isn't as long as the rsx's though but again you can't mod the rsx with all that and keep it anyways. If you're looking at bang for buck you have no choice but to get the srt4. They honestly are reliable cars and i'd like to own on myself. If you're a biased honda guy true to heart then you know the answer and you probably wouldn't be asking this question. lol Have fun with your new car either way you go.

·
Registered
371 Posts
hondahustle said:
Go for the RSX(if its a type S). 201hp NA vs about 220hp boosted. I won't jump out and say cause its honda, the rsx is more reliable cause I hear the SRT-4 is pretty reliable too and my friend still hasn't had any problem with it. I'd get the RSX though, more potential.
Lololol! It's always nice to get a good laugh! Have you ever seen either of these cars in bone-stock form on a dyno? I can guarantee there will be more than a "19 horsepower" difference between the two. Why do you say the RSX has more potential? Is it the fact that it has a significantly higher stock cr? Smaller displacement? Anything like that?

I would still take a RSX over a Neon as a daily driver. The RSX is a nice little car.

Yoshimitshu said:
depends on if you want the car to last over a couple years or not. the SRT-4 is not very reliable from what i hear....especially there trannys
The same transmissions in the PT Crusiers seem to hold up fine compared the the ones in Neons. You have to look at a lot of the assclowns that drive SRT Neons.

·
Registered
699 Posts
If you're going to talk transmissions the rsx's isn't anything to brag about either.

Glad you chose the SRT, it seems to be able to give you what you want. A boosted srt will ALWAYS be more relaible than a boosted rsx (esp. if heavily modded). But if you're talking DD, I would have went with the rsx, it's a more all around type of car.

·
Banned
2,690 Posts
8psi RSX won't last long? :confused

And an RSX on 8PSI would say bye bye to a SRT-4 but that is even more money on top of a base price higher than the SRT4.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I wouldnt take the SRT-4. American cars are the shittiest cars ever made, srry to say that but its true. they wont last u long, they r crappy made, stock handling sucks, parts are very expensive, not to mention the trouble for fixing them, and you know its true. Now the only reason SRT-4 has more power than the RSX 'cause is alrdy boosted.

But anyways its ur choice and if ur gonna choose SRT-4 'cause is "faster" :aww then good luck bro :bye

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
LoPeY said:
Lololol! It's always nice to get a good laugh! Have you ever seen either of these cars in bone-stock form on a dyno? I can guarantee there will be more than a "19 horsepower" difference between the two. Why do you say the RSX has more potential? Is it the fact that it has a significantly higher stock cr? Smaller displacement? Anything like that?

I would still take a RSX over a Neon as a daily driver. The RSX is a nice little car.

The same transmissions in the PT Crusiers seem to hold up fine compared the the ones in Neons. You have to look at a lot of the assclowns that drive SRT Neons.

but then again the PT cruiser isnt boosted from the factory at 10lbs now is it?

·
3,212 Posts
Yoshimitshu said:
but then again the PT cruiser isnt boosted from the factory at 10lbs now is it?
Huh? The GT is the same 2.4L turbo engine from the SRT-4. Just detuned from what I've read on the srtforums. I'm not sure about boost level though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Lets put it this way... Acura in the driveway or a Dodge.. The RSX is made in Japan.. better quality control, leather interior, better suspension.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Darkwagoner said:
Lets put it this way... Acura in the driveway or a Dodge.. The RSX is made in Japan.. better quality control, leather interior, better suspension.
Actually the SRT-4 will outhandle the rsx. The rsx does NOT have an advantage over the srt in ANY performance category. If anything, the rsx is just a more refined and all around better car, but if we're talking preformance then the rsx will lose to the srt.

1 - 20 of 294 Posts