Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
On Blakes Nuts
5,057 Posts
99 and above M3's eat stock srt4s you would've never caught him. I'd like to see one of you srt4 guys sleeve your block. I actually think golden eagle does sleeve srt's. I mean if the srt4's stock block can handle 500 hp right? What could they handle if the block was sleeved with forged internals. I hate it when people upgrade turbos without upgrading the rest of the motor. I have a little more respect for a built srt4, honestly I don't think they're that impressive especially between 110 and 140!

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
preludedriver99 said:
99 and above M3's eat stock srt4s you would've never caught him.
i wouldn't say 99 m3s eat stock ones, considering a 99 m3 has the same hp as the srt-4 and the srt-4 weighs a little less. if you're talking about the body style m3 in the video, thats an E46 and bmw didn't make E46 M3s in 2000. they started them in 2001. just a fun fact for the day :D

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
preludedriver99 said:
99 and above M3's eat stock srt4s you would've never caught him. I'd like to see one of you srt4 guys sleeve your block. I actually think golden eagle does sleeve srt's. I mean if the srt4's stock block can handle 500 hp right? What could they handle if the block was sleeved with forged internals. I hate it when people upgrade turbos without upgrading the rest of the motor. I have a little more respect for a built srt4, honestly I don't think they're that impressive especially between 110 and 140!
Sport compact car did a brake down on the srt-4 motor and the stock block and crank has handle 800-1200 hp in the srt-4 drag car cause they were still using stock block&crank

·
Registered
184 Posts
SRT-4 8U said:
Sport compact car did a brake down on the srt-4 motor and the stock block and crank has handle 800-1200 hp in the srt-4 drag car cause they were still using stock block&crank
100% true.

Which honda motor is cable of doing that? Because if you dont think that is impressive, its time to lay off the crack pipe.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
SRT-4 8U said:
:lol damn that it crazy.

·
Registered
236 Posts
SRT-4 8U said:
He would hit it first i tryed to pass him but traffic
not a great race but i was stock & i was pulling hard enuff to pass him

http://www.ezarchive.com:80/ezarchive/AssetLink.aspx?Xx63k37xS9FP2BhSkYzmcv0wTimO41qN
If you were stock then, this must have been a shitty driver cuz an e46 m3 is gonna beat you easily. Some kid try to mess with me on the highway and it wasnt a pretty site. Best thing about it was afterwards the kid pulled off at the same exit as me. He thought i was gonna run again and floors it to pass me (I was ahead of him making a right turn), i let him go and he tries to pass up a gs430 and couldnt pass him.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
tegra90LS said:
Man, when you crash racing through traffic, I hope your the only person who dies.
Agreed!!! :noo
That wasn't even close...

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
95accordlx said:
Does ur car come with LSD stock?
no his car is a 03,they have quaif(sp) LSD's stock in the 04's and 05's

·
Registered
445 Posts
that was an okay video, but i lose to srt4's by about half a car under ll 100, and about a full car over 100+

against an m3 its about 3 times that.

m3 > srt 4

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
i think its time to start posting neon vids in a neon forum, im sick of these dumb vids to make an srt-4 look cool...it will always be a neon, and come to PA i got Hondas and DSMs that will beat u alll dayyyy longgg

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
HondaVTEC93 said:
i think its time to start posting neon vids in a neon forum, im sick of these dumb vids to make an srt-4 look cool...it will always be a neon, and come to PA i got Hondas and DSMs that will beat u alll dayyyy longgg
U had to show up with an ignorant comment :rolleyes
Respect all cars for what they can do.......period.

·
Registered
445 Posts
ill have to say that i hate neons too but damn, dodge got it right... the srt-4 encompases everything that a great sport compact should be, and economical shell with a very compact but powerful engine inside. there is nothing honda makes that can compete with this thing for the same dollar, and i have an s2000

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
OSOVTEC said:
ill have to say that i hate neons too but damn, dodge got it right... the srt-4 encompases everything that a great sport compact should be, and economical shell with a very compact but powerful engine inside. there is nothing honda makes that can compete with this thing for the same dollar, and i have an s2000
Honda dosnt build cars that way thats why. And what engine isnt going to be powerful with boost and 17 or howmany lbs it comes with stock.. if the parts were all high quality then you see it on the price tag... you get what you pay for...i think they will be a lousy used car in a few years.. honda's/acura's on the other hand run over 200 thousand miles and have no problem doing it. But still best bang for the buck IMO...a true ricers car :lol

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
xtremefusion said:
Psi doesn't break parts, power does. I seriously am starting to hate the mentality of the majority of people when they think psi = power, which it isn't exactly the case.

So your reasoning is because something is cheap, it must not be reliable or it be garbage quality? Hmm, I would love for you to spout this kind of information to homemadeturbo.com where countless of people have been boosting Honda's with so little money and yet have it be reliable at the same time while spending close to half of what a manufactured kit is sold by.

BTW, not all Honda/Acuras run for over 200 thousand miles, that factor is heavily influenced on the owner of the vehicle, so your reasoning is pretty weak.
Ok well i am always open to other people's opionins..The main point i was trying to make is that boosted engines will never have the longevity of one that is not.

Edit: wtf? i posted after you and it put my post before yours?

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
fuco8210 said:
Honda dosnt build cars that way thats why. And what engine isnt going to be powerful with boost and 17 or howmany lbs it comes with stock.. if the parts were all high quality then you see it on the price tag... you get what you pay for...i think they will be a lousy used car in a few years.. honda's/acura's on the other hand run over 200 thousand miles and have no problem doing it. But still best bang for the buck IMO...a true ricers car :lol
Psi doesn't break parts, power does. I seriously am starting to hate the mentality of the majority of people when they think psi = power, which it isn't exactly the case.

So your reasoning is because something is cheap, it must not be reliable or it be garbage quality? Hmm, I would love for you to spout this kind of information to homemadeturbo.com where countless of people have been boosting Honda's with so little money and yet have it be reliable at the same time while spending close to half of what a manufactured kit is sold by.

BTW, not all Honda/Acuras run for over 200 thousand miles, that factor is heavily influenced on the owner of the vehicle, so your reasoning is pretty weak.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts