Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
njn63 said:
well, if the civic is a b18c and running 12psi, it's probably not 350whp. Probably around 300 i'd guess. And race gas with 12 psi? Um... okay.

And that civic had no traction at all.

Not making excuses, but it just doesn't seem right.

And to the guy that questioned it being a "fullrace", full-race is the brand name of the turbo kit. They make some quality parts. www.full-race.com
Maybe so, I'm just going by what was posted in another thread.

Also, psi does not equal power, its the size of the turbo that will tell the tale. So it could in fact make 350whp as it is a huge turbo for the motor. A bigger turbo doesn't need as much boost to make power such as a smaller turbo.

Also to give you an idea of how fast those cars are, that Civic trapped 120 on slicks while the SRT-4 trapped 118 on street tires. Don't know how much power is needed to trap that much in a Civic, but I would guess around 350whp or so.

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
njn63 said:
well, if the civic is a b18c and running 12psi, it's probably not 350whp. Probably around 300 i'd guess. And race gas with 12 psi? Um... okay.

And that civic had no traction at all.

Not making excuses, but it just doesn't seem right.

And to the guy that questioned it being a "fullrace", full-race is the brand name of the turbo kit. They make some quality parts. www.full-race.com
lmao......that str-4 was fucking bookin.....both are fast cars

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
njn63 said:
yes and no. The fact still is that he has a retardedly big turbo to be running 12psi. He could be running a much smaller turbo that wouldn't give a peaky powerband like that. (laglagspin - shift -laglagspinspin - shift - etc.) My guess is he plans to go higher hp in the future and then it'll be a car to conetend with.

Just looked it up and it's a stage 3 (640 hp) full-race kit if it's a t3/t67. I assume it's not the t4/t67 (700hp stage 4) but it always might be. Either way, a turbo way to big for the application.
There is a good reason why he is only running 12 lbs....stock internal motor, afraid to go kaboom lol, but supposedly he's going to have a built block for the setup.

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
xtremefusion said:
There is a good reason why he is only running 12 lbs....stock internal motor, afraid to go kaboom lol, but supposedly he's going to have a built block for the setup.
i would hope so....thats one big ass turbo

·
Registered
485 Posts
well a race is a race, civic lost, srt4 won, big deal?? no !! so good vid, i enjoy fast cars, nomatter if is domestic or import

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.