Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is all the SSAutoChrome stuff really as bad as i've heard. I have some of their stuff on mine and after reading alll that stuff about them i think im going to sell it all and go back to all motor on my b18a and get some dc sport headers. i already have exhaust, high flow cat, intake, wires and plugs and then i was gonna spray it what do u guys think keep the turbo and finisht the project or ditch it and spray the motor? thanks

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
SuperSleeperB18 said:
Is all the SSAutoChrome stuff really as bad as i've heard. I have some of their stuff on mine and after reading alll that stuff about them i think im going to sell it all and go back to all motor on my b18a and get some dc sport headers. i already have exhaust, high flow cat, intake, wires and plugs and then i was gonna spray it what do u guys think keep the turbo and finisht the project or ditch it and spray the motor? thanks
Keep the turbo.. just get a decent manifold for it.

Going FROM turbo to spray? That's just pointless, IMO.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
have you searched whatsoever?

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Please do a search....we've been answering these SSautocrap questions too much recently. Going from turbo to all motor is a step down in my opinion.......jus get some quality parts to save yourself the trouble later.

·
Banned
48 Posts
that co. is shitty!!!! a buddy of mine has a h22 accord and bought a t3/t04 SS manifold from them.....well the manifold looked great but, when we bolted it on, the turbo wouldnt bolt up cause cuz it was hitting the block....if you pay attention to all the pics of car that have that maniflod bolted up the turbo sits on top, but this manifold my bud got it bolts on the bottom.....that co. SUCKS, they charged him a 15% restocking fee to send it back.....read his feed back all his neg. feed back is from turbo parts......

·
Banned
48 Posts
i know this guy i bought a lot of TURBO parts from even a t3 turbo that looks brand new and i got it really cheap too....his ebay name is hella_boost, he shipps fast as F#@K too, he gave me a confirmation # and 3 days later my turbo was in along with all kinds of turbo parts....and he shipped from cali to mississippi too.....he's even honest when you do off ebay sales, and he trades parts too.......if you want post a reply to this thread if you want his number and contact info...lates pete

·
Registered
293 Posts
Actually my friend just got his turbo kit in from them and it looks like a really nice kit, the welds are very solid and the intercooler is HUGE.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Floyd550 said:
Actually my friend just got his turbo kit in from them and it looks like a really nice kit, the welds are very solid and the intercooler is HUGE.
dont worry ......give it a couple months. Hell see where his hard earned cash went

·
Registered
293 Posts
Well you may be right, but OBX used to have horrible quality and now their products are as good or better than many of the more popular brands but are still much cheaper. Maybe SS got their shit straight and have improved the quality of their products.

·
Banned
48 Posts
yeah but that is a leight company starting out, ssautoshit is a fucking ebay company that buys these parts from china really cheap, and jax's people on ebay....my friend paid them 15% restocking fee for sending that shit back, when item desc. stated h22 manifold SS for T3/T04. fuck my t3 wouldnt even fit....everyone on ebay that i buy turbo parts from knows that guy and its the [email protected]#king suckers that buy that shit......

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
OBX definitely did improve their quality from when they jus started out. They actually make an LSD that looks jus like quaife but i recently purchased a quaife cuz i didnt want to chance my tranny to OBX. SS has a long way to go .......i dont think theyll ever become a trusted brand of quality.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Floyd550 said:
Well you may be right, but OBX used to have horrible quality and now their products are as good or better than many of the more popular brands but are still much cheaper. Maybe SS got their shit straight and have improved the quality of their products.

It doesn't happen over night though, horror stories pop up almost daily.....Even after 2 years of great quality i don't think that I'd ever buy from them. They have been shady from the start.
The old saying of "you get what you pay for" has never been more true. With that said I'm more then happy to pay a bit more for proven quality.
full-race stuff is expensive for a reason, and ssac is cheap for a reason.
I almost became a victim of ssac, thankfully I didn't. I remember a few people a while back were supporters/sponsors or ssac and swore by the product. Each of them has since replaced that maniflold with one that is of better quality due to failure of the ssac.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
b16ahybrid said:
It doesn't happen over night though, horror stories pop up almost daily.....Even after 2 years of great quality i don't think that I'd ever buy from them. They have been shady from the start.
The old saying of "you get what you pay for" has never been more true. With that said I'm more then happy to pay a bit more for proven quality.
full-race stuff is expensive for a reason, and ssac is cheap for a reason.
I almost became a victim of ssac, thankfully I didn't. I remember a few people a while back were supporters/sponsors or ssac and swore by the product. Each of them has since replaced that maniflold with one that is of better quality due to failure of the ssac.
I almost became a victim myself because when i first started buying stuff for my first setup i was looking for the cheap way out.....but luckily they didnt make one for my car!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Yeah I know what you guys mean, I didn't know they were mainly ebay, just about all of the companies that do the majority of their sales on ebay are not quality that they claim.

·
Banned
48 Posts
if you want turbo and boosting parts contact brad @ [email protected],
he's cool as hell parts are all great and he even trades parts, no lag on shipping either.......very trust worthy i bought almost all of my turbo parts from him i found him on ebay.......I bought almost $1000 worth of turbo parts from him.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
i don't know if you guys did something wrong or if i did something wrong. perhaps i got lucky or you all were unlucky. i have had no problems with mine.

my tuner said he's only seen problems if you run external wastegate w/ the manifold.

·
Banned
48 Posts
yah but that means that you paid all that money and theres no flexiblity, what if your internal wastegate doesnt perform as you need it too and you have to upgrade to external, what then????

1 - 20 of 29 Posts