Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
SmurfedOutCivic said:
pull it apart and see....personally if it was me I would say replace it all but not necessarily neccessary :)
reduce the size of ur sig. :rolleyes thank you

as for the clutch thing...just replace it while ur in there..dont be cheap on a couple bucks and have another part go out later on. do the clutch disc pressure plate, and both bearings. u dont wanna do it twice

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
asianpride559 said:
do the clutch disc pressure plate, and both bearings. u dont wanna do it twice
yep, do it right the first time and save in the long run.

·
Gay to the Max
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so what brands do u guys recommend? probably no more than stage 2. time to bust the helms manual and get down and dirty yo :fear . how long did it take u guys to complete the install?

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
MAXboost said:
so what brands do u guys recommend? probably no more than stage 2. time to bust the helms manual and get down and dirty yo :fear . how long did it take u guys to complete the install?
ummm ACT stage 2 is that the one right after stock? i think so. about 4 hours.

·
Registered
624 Posts
inmycivicex said:
i have a question, do the stages i.e.(stage 2) drive differently than stock, are they more durable, last longer?
As long as you don't get a pucked (sp?) clutch, I don't think there is a big difference other than how much power they can hold.

I could be wrong tho... I've never had an aftermarket clutch in my car. I'm going off what I've seen in my friends cars. I've driven a B16 with a stage 2, not sure what brand, but it felt pretty good. It just held MUCH better than stock.

·
Registered
41,903 Posts
is it a difficult install?

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
inmycivicex said:
i have a question, do the stages i.e.(stage 2) drive differently than stock, are they more durable, last longer?
they are suppose to be able to handle more power and more performance.

stay away from the puck disc which are cheaper but way too harsh for low hp cars

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.