Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a performance shop near me and I was wondering if I'm getting a good deal for what i'm paying for, sorry for the big list , but this is lots of money involved:

STAGE 1

H22
Pulleys/ Type-S Cams
Headers (SS)
V-AFC
HP Flights (18x7.5) w/ tires (Toyo Proxes)
Springs (Neuspeed)
Shocks (Koni Adjustables)
Sway Bars (Neuspeed)

TOTAL: $10,000 give or take a few

STAGE 2

h23 bottom end (fully built: pistons, rods, etc.)
custom turbo (made specifically for application purposes)
Speedpro standalone computer system
guages
ACT clutch
RC Injectors

TOTAL: $11,200 give or take a few

estimates say I should be able to run low 12, with full interior.

My question is, is this a good price for what I'm getting or is it sort of a rip-off? Should I go ahead with it? Is it a real good deal, or no?

**This is a 5-year project**

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
Prices I've seen can go like this...

STAGE 1

H22 (w/ tranny): $2200
Pulleys/ Type-S Cams: $800
Headers (SS): $300 [DC 4-2-1] ~ $400 [Hotshot 4-1(15whp+)]
V-AFC: $300
HP Flights (18x7.5) w/ tires (Toyo Proxes)$2600
Springs (Neuspeed): $120
Shocks (Koni Adjustables): $500
Sway Bars (Neuspeed): $160

TOTAL: $10,000 give or take a few
My Total: $7-8K

STAGE 2

h23 bottom end (fully built: pistons, rods, etc.): $1800
custom turbo (made specifically for application purposes): $5000
Speedpro standalone computer system: $800 - $1200
guages: $300
ACT clutch: $200
RC Injectors: ???

TOTAL: $11,200 give or take a few
My Total: $8-9K

If your totals include labor, then they look just about right. Just a thought about the turboed h23...they don't last long. it just can't handle the high end especially if you plan on it being a daily driver. over the past year, i've seen like 3 daily drivers go back to the shops they had their work done and 1 track car that had 2 pistons go through the block.

·
Registered
283 Posts
That stage 1 deal doesn't sound half bad. Only thing is, I'd go with a full coilover suspension setup. If you're shelling out 10 grand, what's an extra 2-3 hundred bucks to get some apexi WS coilovers. Those prices don't seem bad if all labor is included. Also, is that a new H22, how many miles if used?

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
Hoe-dar said:
Also, is that a new H22, how many miles if used?
i find used jdm h22's w/ tranny with anywhere between 20k-40k and can range between $1500-3000, but average around $2500

·
Registered
667 Posts
wow that is crazy amount of money you are about to invest.

If you got money and love your accord that much, then why not.

I am not an expert in h22, but stage 1 seems better.

Turbo will also cost more to maintain in future.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
he did say the project will be over 5 years. that's about $2k/yr or roughly $166/month. i'm sure most of us can dish that out, even with a McDonald's paycheck.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Well...an accord is a great car...but to spend 20k on it??!! plus whatever the actual car costs?!!! Your looking at close to 30k! If you want speed, there are a lot of other cars out there that will get it for you a lot cheaper.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
man if i had the money i would go with the stage 2...12's in an accord you know how impressive that sounds?? damn

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The reason I can afford all of this is b/c, I have full admission/tuition paid for to Florida State, and I my father pays for my apartment, plus I make anywhere from $400-$500 a month, the only thing I pay for is my light bill and cell phone bill which avg. about $100 a month. So....that extra money is finally going towards my car. I have a friend who owns a shop and is doing all the work, he drives a 3-Rotor RX-7 that puts 553 at the wheels. (VERY FAST:D ) Anyway, now that I can do all of this, i will. Plus, I get kickback at the end of the semester for unused scholarships. I guess being smart payed off for me. If anyone else has any tips or any other information, wether it be good/bad, please tell me before I invest this into my car.

Ultimately, I'd like to have my car gracing the covers of a few magazines, hopefully, this will get me there. This is my biggest dream, hope it comes true.:cool:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Sonny said:
Ultimately, I'd like to have my car gracing the covers of a few magazines, hopefully, this will get me there. This is my biggest dream, hope it comes true.:cool:
that's cool, it's always nice to see cars that are modded with speed in mind along with the endless amount of cars that are only show (not that there's anything wrong with that either.) but just to forewarn anyone who has dreams about their cars being in magazines, if it's a daily driver i would say don't do it. a lot of people i know/knew had their cars fucked up or jacked right after they made the cover of magazines. people are just dumb and become jealous that someone has such a nice car. the best example i can think of is this dood i used to know was one of the first people in the U.S. to have the jdm integra type-r front conversion (the real deal, not the cheesy fiberglass bodykit makeover) and it came out on the cover of super street and b4 the next issue even came out, it got fucked up by some haters. my point being is that if you live near a lot of high schoolers or something, just be careful what you wish for. like the saying goes, "i'd rather be rich than famous."

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
tru dat what he just said...my car had a bunch of stuff on it...man, that thing was crazy...but then a bunch of kids got jealous and ripped my kit off my car, bashed my windows, and ganked some parts from my engine bay...all while i was sleeping

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Stuff like that pisses me off. Just b/c they can't have it, they don't want anyone else to either. Is is really wrong to have a nice car and be proud of it...I don't think so. Anyway...I really appreciate all the info you guys are giving me, I'll post updates and pics as soon as they come up. If anyone has any other questions or comments concerning my investment please tell me.

LATERS

·
Registered
55 Posts
I duno man. If it were me, I'd invest that 400 bux a month towards payments on an M3 or something.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
500 Posts
well i can tell you right now you will not run low 12's with either of those set-ups. you'll run MAYBE low 13's

check out the Prelude Forum. theres a guy named TurboNosLude. he has a 4th gen Lude. its one of my friends so i have seen it in person. ridden in it. talked to him about everything. he has a built H23. turboed. nitrous goin to the intercooler. ACT clutch. flywheel. SAFC. AVCR. Fluidyne radiator. tranny cooler. oil cooler. all the gauges. and pretty much anything else you can really do except having the head built. which he is in the process of doing. his best time was a 14.0 so far. now he hasnt been to the track very much so his times can/will get better but it wont get 2 seconds faster by any means. and the stuff he has is a lot more than you would be getting. check out his car. IS300 taillight conversion, Lexus blue, full molded kit, 18's, and all the motor work you can ask for. he has a custom kit made by one of the best shops in my area. check out their site. www.dmspower.com

and about the first set-up. no way you will run even low 13's

if the web site doesnt work its w w w . d m s p o w e r . c o m without the spaces

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
98AccordEX said:
well i can tell you right now you will not run low 12's with either of those set-ups. you'll run MAYBE low 13's

check out the Prelude Forum. theres a guy named TurboNosLude. he has a 4th gen Lude. its one of my friends so i have seen it in person. ridden in it. talked to him about everything. he has a built H23. turboed. nitrous goin to the intercooler. ACT clutch. flywheel. SAFC. AVCR. Fluidyne radiator. tranny cooler. oil cooler. all the gauges. and pretty much anything else you can really do except having the head built. which he is in the process of doing. his best time was a 14.0 so far. now he hasnt been to the track very much so his times can/will get better but it wont get 2 seconds faster by any means. and the stuff he has is a lot more than you would be getting. check out his car. IS300 taillight conversion, Lexus blue, full molded kit, 18's, and all the motor work you can ask for. he has a custom kit made by one of the best shops in my area. check out their site. www.dmspower.com

and about the first set-up. no way you will run even low 13's

if the web site doesnt work its w w w . d m s p o w e r . c o m without the spaces
Your right about the times. But turbonoslude could improve his times. He's running on 18's for one. And you said he hasnt been to the track much. The car much more capable of a 14.0 sec. pass. Hell, wutangben ran a 13.6 with 75 shot nitrous.

·
Registered
500 Posts
95accord22 said:
Your right about the times. But turbonoslude could improve his times. He's running on 18's for one. And you said he hasnt been to the track much. The car much more capable of a 14.0 sec. pass. Hell, wutangben ran a 13.6 with 75 shot nitrous.
he also has an H22 i believe

yes i know TurboNL can run faster but not 2 seconds faster. hes been to the track about 4 times now so hes getting use to it. first few times he ran high 14's all day long. and the 18's dont help much either. but i doubt they would take 2 seconds off his time. plus he also has a lot more than an H23 with turbo and clutch. i think with slicks TNL can run very low 13's. but he wants his times for what he can run on the street

1 - 17 of 17 Posts