Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kommon_sense said:
yes. plenty of people will tell you that there isn't any problem with it or they have a buddy who has done it... I wouldn't do it to my engine.
how long as you buddy done it for it hasn't took a dump yet?

·
Registered
419 Posts
I know someone who has done this and has a redline of 8200 on a D16z6. :wow You can find him at centralillinoisimports.org, his name is demigod. He said his cam was more agressive than my Crower 2. I personally would not do it.

·
Registered
496 Posts
i definitely wouldn't do it. if i were you i would go with the stage 2 if you're going to spend money on aftermarket cams and also get some dual valve springs and titanium retainers. I got my skunk2 springs and retainers new for $300 shipped.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
->Eg6<+>Vtec<=) said:
lol i love it when people ask about items and dont have money for it lol im not crackin on u i just find it funny.
i was planning on stage one just that i got the money for stage and would it be worth it to run on stock valvetrain but it not so whatever i have left just using my intake manifold

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
Be smart, just get the springs/retainers FIRST! So they don't actually give your more HP for the money, but you can put them in and have the head ready for when you save enough for the cams, then the cam install will be easier and you can get the most power from them because you wont have to drive soft to save the valvetrain.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts